Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
rehanahmad90
My Device: z10

blackberry id/appworld issue

Hi,

I am having an issue with my appworld. whenever i try to download any application it just gives an error saying "an error has occured processing your request". My guess is it may have something to do with my blackberry id so i went to settings and then clicked on blackberry id and everytime it says "unable to connect to the blackberry id server. please make sure that you have current date and time set and try again (50507)" . my timezone is set as mountain time and is determined by the network so that is all up to date

anybody know how i can fix it?

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: blackberry id/appworld issue

Hey rehanahmad90,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Follow the steps in this KB article to resolve the issue: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33466

If the issue still persists, please let me know.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
rehanahmad90

Hi

I have already tried that. Got my reset from the network provider as well. Now it doesnt give the error but the circle thing keeps going round and round (the loading thing). Now the voice/video call button has also disappeared from my BBM. Also, still unable to download any apps in the appworld. Instead of now giving in error. it accepts the download but doesnt download (the round and round thing keeps going here as well)

Any help with all these issues?

RA

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I had this happen with two Z10 phones.

I had to re-instal the Z10 operating system to fix this problem. Blackberry is aware of this problem. When I had this problem they walked me through to collect the phone logs to verify the events that occured.

If you do a security wipe and then re-register the phone, it will work but not optimum. It will not allow you to save shortcuts to the desktop and the phone may perform sluggish in apps.

Where I am located at this time, I don't have my notes about how to re-install the OS, but it can be done directly with the Link software.

The following is from memory and not verifying the steps:

It is something like; connect the phone with the Link software running. Then after the phone is found, disconnect the phone. Then shut the phone off by holding the top button for about 5 seconds plus. Then with the phone powered off connect the phone to the computer. Then in the LInk program click on the three dots at the lower left. Select to show disconnected devices. On the disconnected device select to do the full update. I cannot remember if you will find this in the main screen of Link or in the Setup section.

Once the process starts it could take a fair amount of time to finish. You will have to watch the process in case it will ask for some verifations. When the process starts the front LED on the phone will turn bright green. Do not disconnect the phone during the process.

After the OS is re-installed and the phone does its restart, you will have to go through the process as like when the phone was first bought. You will have to re-register the phone with its Blackberry ID. Then you can apply a restore from the backups using the Link program. You will have to re-enter all the email passwords, and etc. Also, you will have to re-pair all the Bluetooth devices. This also includes the Playbook if you have one.

After I did this process our phones seem to be okay now.  I strongly suspect this was caused by the last Blackberry AppWorld update.

It has been over a week now and I no longer had this fault. :Cowboy:

Jerry G.
New Contributor
rehanahmad90

thanks for the detailed advice. giving it a shot right now, will keep you posted!

New Contributor
rehanahmad90

Just did it, seems to be working fine now! thanks for all the help again!

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Thanks for letting me know my memory was fairly accurate!  I was writring this down from doing it only twice...

Jerry G.