Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
jtonmybb
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

blackberry repair costs

Hi guys

can anyone tell me if blackberry charge for repairs to phones that are 44 days old i have been told my phone will be swapped over and that i will have to pay for this. i thought having a warranty ment the phone was covered under that warranty for anything needing done. i didn't expect the owner of the phone would have to pay half the price of a new one to get it fixed has anyone ever heard of that policy from blackberry

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
katonym
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: blackberry repair costs

If it is under warranty then repairs that are beacuse of hardware/software faults will be fixed. Ahything user related will be charged. It is at the discretion of the reseller what their policy is for a swap, and I dare say it will be a refurb model rather than a new one that you will get if you do opt for a swap. Why don't you just get it repaired? You need to go to an authorised BB reseller/repairer though...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jtonmybb

hi katonym

i did i took it to carphone warehouse the original seller of the phone i bought it from a third party and it had a damaged sim reader which the seller never told me about and then refused a refund so i though i was doing the right thing taking it to a proper pucker store for repair i wanted to keep the warranty intact and not void it. they called today and said its got a warranty but all blackberry repairs cost £170 regardless and i had to pay it to get it repaired i would like to try and understand the thinking behind this policy but i don't so i a having to pay to get a swapped phone and as you say refurb but what else can i do

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
katonym

CPW aren't pukka - I used to work there lol
From what I remember, if you took your proof of purchase to show it was under warranty then any warranty repairs would be free if it wasn't damaged or software fault. I have a feeling they are saying it has been damaged because of the issue with the SIM reader. I only remember people being charged when it was damaged - I remember someone had a cigarette burn on an N-Gage and wanted it repaired for free.... no chance! This damage isn't your fault, but as it seems to be physically damaged, that is probably their thinking. Did you take it in and they sent it off?! If it hasn't been sent off then they are ripping you off - all BB repairs at CPW have to be sent off as they don't do it in house.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jtonmybb

Hi katonym

your very helpful thank you

i was told by a guy today on the phone from cpw that it will be picked up tuesday and that it will need to be sent away i have just this very minute came off the phone from canada speaking to blackberry and they say under no circumstances should i be charged for this repair the phone 44 days old and i din't break it i also have ebay trying to track down the woman that sold it to me belckberry canada also say the network provider should replace it for free. i am house bound and disabled so i have to rely on my carers this running about isn't really part of ther job but i can't tell you how mad i am right now fuming in fact

but i appriciate your comments and hopefully i can get something sorted i can't afford £170 bill after buying the the phone but needs must i have had to borrow a phone from my daughter for now but i guess its beans and toast for the next few weeks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
katonym

As you got teh handset without a network (like I did!!) then the network provider can't help and so an authorised BB place should and you did the right thing taking it to Carphone Warehouse as they are authorised. Is there anything you can do via PayPal to get the ebay woman to refund the cost as it was damaged and not listed? You have proof you contacted her as soon as you knew and she didn't want to cooperate. I would be fuming as you are right now!!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Jtonmybb - are you the guy that bought the phone off eBay and it was broken?

Why did you not contact ebay and force the sell to refund you for the broken phone?
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jtonmybb

hi drewread

i did contact ebay and the seller and the seller said get stuffed the phone description stated it was fully working i have raised there complaint system or protection but i have been adviced they can't force her to refund it. i am hoping she is decent enough to at least pay for the repair ebay dont seem to want oto get involved and i can't have all that money laying around hoping for a refund. this woman says it worked fine i say it didnt the day it came to me my carer was in vodafone shop to fine out why straight from the box it didnt work. that is now mute in some regards as its with cpw and they want a lot of money to repair it.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
katonym

Try and make a claim via PayPal if that is how you paid for it. They certainly kick some butt!!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

Did you go here: http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/ and start the process through that link? I know for a fact that eBay takes fraud very seriously, and if you were indeed shipped a broken device as "New" or "Working" then that is plain and simply fraud, and they will refund your money.

Also, if you paid by your credit card you also have rememdy there and can put in a fraud claim through them as well.

:smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.