Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
emsel
My Carrier: Verizon

blackberry z10 and Verizon

I'm almost to and end of doing nothing because of frustation with Blackberry and made worse by Verizon.

My Z10 is  still on OS 10.0.9.422 and even though I see conversations about OS 10.2, Verizon refuses to release OS 10.1

I realize a lot of the frustations I experience with OS 10.0 is solved with OS 10.1, but that does me no good unless I have access to the latest OS

Verizon would give me no clue to when or if they will release an upgrade to 10.1

I, along with several others I communicate with,  are ready to drop Verizon or Blackberry or both.  We discuss if it is worth the penalty for early concelaiton of Verizon's contract or just change from Blackberry.

I'm was undecided until I heard about the lack of future support for the Blackberry tablet. Not only am I upset by this, but it has put me over the top with Blaclkberry..  I want to use a tablet in addithon to my smart phone. I used to think how nice to have a tablet and a phone with the same basic operating system,  I was even willing to put up with Verizon to look for a future with both my tablet and smart phone using the same compatible operating system.

So now that isn't possible, so when I get some free time to look at the alternatives,  no more Blackberry and perhaps Verizon.

Too bad, I think the Z10 has the potential to be terrific.

I wish someone would comment on why Blackberry puts up with verizon's lack of support.  It is not good for Blackberry.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ratcat
My Carrier: ATT

Re: blackberry z10 and Verizon

Can't really answer this for you.  I have used AT&T for many a year and have always had good service with them.  I really like my Z10 and have only had to call AT&T a couple of times with issues with it.  Each time things got taken care of quickly.  AT&T also seems to be on top of OS updates quickly.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emsel

[ Edited ]

thanks for the info about ATT.  I think my solution will be to suffer the penalty to cancel my contract Verizon and go to ATT or T-Mobil.  Might also look into iPhone again or Windows phone. Might as well go for a complete change.

added comment:  Is anyone else surprised by the silence from BlackBerry on this upgrade from Verizon issue?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBGeek67

I have contacted Verizon about the 10.1 update via Twitter and their Facebook page. Same answers, they dont have any info on this. Once available, it will pushed to your device.

As previously stated, Verizon is screwing Blackberry by not pushing the updates and/or pushing the phones. I've heard from a lot of people that sales people tell customers you dont want a Blackberryand will be returning it in 4 days and BB is dead. Or Verizon reps willing to trade customer Blackberry devices because of the lack of update for Droid or iPhone. Some stores dont even have Blackberries according some people.

Verizon is not BBRY's friend.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBGeek67

Is there an Official 10.1 update one can upgrade to?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ratcat
My Carrier: ATT

It is my understanding that Verizon has not yet approved and released OS 10.1 for their network and customers.

Please use plain text.