Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: 02

blackberry z10

I can anybody help, i've just got me and my partner a blackberry z10 and we both luv the phone itself but is very disappointed with how much of the internet usage it uses, especially after this is my 5th blackberry phone and I've never had a problem with any of them when it comes to the internet usage until now, I got the phone on Thursday and nearly all my 250 mb of Internet has gone already and it's only Monday, can anybody help plz
Contributor

Re: blackberry z10

And also my phone is sat on H and not on 3g like all my other blackberry phones were
Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

The new BB10 devices such as the Z10 no longer use the older BIS network, they are on the uncompressed data network. This was done to provider a quicker and more pure internet and browser experience, among other reasons.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

latinmoon wrote:
And also my phone is sat on H and not on 3g like all my other blackberry phones were

H and H+ are faster, more current data speeds provided by your mobile operator.

If you look at your Settings > Network Connections > Mobile Network > Networ Technology, see if you have the drop down box to set it to 3G only.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hi jsanders thanx, I did put it on 3g but it doesn't change anything which I'm not so bothered about really it just confused me as to what it meant, im more bothered about that it's used nearly all my 250 mb in 3and a half days,where as when I was on my other blackberry 9360 I was lucky if I ever used more than 10 mb in any 1month and I was on the internet all the time with that phone.

The new BB10 devices will use about 3-4x the data as your past legacy devices.

The data usage will also slow down somewhat after the first few days initial use after it's synced your emails, contacts, data, etc.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you jsanders that's a great help, can I just ask if I wanted to go back to my old network provider what would I need to do cos my phone is locked to Vodafone who I'm with at the moment, but I didn't buy my phone from them.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

You have to get your phone unlocked to go to another provider.

You can check with your current provider and see if they will unlock it for you, or, if not,

you can buy unlock codes online. Crackberry has them.

Going back to your old network provider will NOT reduce the amount of data that

your phone uses though.

Fred

Contributor

Thanks Fred, I know it won't reduce the amount of data I use on my phone, but Vodafone don't offer a decent blackberry tariff as where as o2 does and I've been with them for years so if I could I'd rather go back to them.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Ah ok. Just for your information though, since OS10 does not use the BIS, you do not need a "blackberry data plan" anymore, like with the previous BB's. Just a standard data plan, like what a typical Andriod phone has is all you need.

Smiley Happy

Fred