Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
elad
My Device: z10

blqckberry z10 sound voes to silent..... 5 Times a day!

Hi,

For some reason my z10 goes to silent about 5 times a day. That is all sound (calls, BBM, text, games, movies, typjng, alarm etc.) all go to silent (still vibrates though). The only way to fix is to restart the phone. Changing notifications, sounds etc doesn't help, only a reset. The problem is that it happens so often that I need to restart the phone 5 times a day.
Has nothing g to do with blue tooth as someone described.
Very very frustrating as I can't even trust my alarm, go to bed with a working phone we up (late) with phone on silent and no alarm.

Please please assist am very very frustrated.

Thanks
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: blqckberry z10 sound voes to silent..... 5 Times a day!

Next time this happens, can you press the volume up button on the side of your phone to make sure by mistake you have not put in silent mode. This is the master overides your other settings. Also on you home screen, swipe from top down, doble check notifciation icons(bell with a line accross it) is not blue its white.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
elad

Have done so, doesn't help.
At night I leave the phone by my bed (make sure it is still playing sound) and when I wake up, it is on silent.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

What you are experiencing is not normal. Its possible a 3rd party app might be doing something to your device. You might want to do BB Link system restore and start from scratch. .But test it for a day or two before you start installing tons of apps. The BB system restore will also go and pull down the latest updates. Remember you will loose everyhing on your device, so you might want to back it up.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
elad

I have read that others are experiencing same issue. On one of the blackberry support forums it states that BlackBerry is looking into it but still no solution and the solution is to restart.
Don't want to start fresh especially as there is no use synch so I will lose data.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

Some people have experienced various sound issues and most of them have been resolved. This way if the problem exists after you do a system restore, then you have a defective device and take it back to where you bought it from and exchange it. I have given you two alternative methods of getting your contacts and calendars from your desktop outlook to you z10 (de Ja Office and Companion link) or use just use Contact forward as .vcard  or calendar as .ics and put it on your device sd card.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clsyy1992
My Device: Z10

have you solved your problem yet? cuz im expericing the exact same issue with you. really annoying.... i even tried headphone, and its not working either. no sound at all

Please use plain text.
Contributor
elad

Nope, getting worse and worse too.

Im now finding that when this happens the "ear speaker" goes to silent so I cant hear the person on the other side whereas they can hear me. Really frustrating. These days I just reset the phone bout 5 times a day just in case in order to avoid the problem.

No one seems to have answers and really getting me down. But still love the z10, eventhough at times I wanna throw it against the wall.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
clsyy1992
My Device: Z10

what OS are u currently running? im trying to find out if its relate to the system. and have you figure after what specific situation it will go silent? for me its like everytime i turn on silent while im having class, after i try to turn the sound back, it just.........

Please use plain text.
Contributor
elad

I cant find any pattern. I thought i was silent, wasnt, thought bluetooth, wasnt.

Basically the phone gets lazy when it wants and just goes on total silent and the ear piece speaker dies. so a rest.

Please use plain text.