Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
bobmacdonald
My Device: Blackberry Z10

browser seems to lock a you tube page

I played one youtube video correctly, then I went to play the next. I was not holding the device and the player just stopped. I started another. Again only a few bars of the music played and it stopped.

I opened the browser and tried to restart the song (classical music on you tube), and the start button could not be pressed. I slide to see the tabs and there is an X button, but the tabs would not close. Is you-tube restricting me because I am not watching the ads or have I inadvertently locked something? 

I tried getting to these with the you-tube app but the message came up that it was taking too long to load. I am on a wi-fi.

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: browser seems to lock a you tube page

Step 1, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it. Step 2, get as close to your wireless router as possible while streaming media. And to answer your question, no you're not being restricted for not watching ads and no, you haven't locked anything.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
bobmacdonald
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: browser seems to lock a you tube page

thanks for the reply. Removing the battery seems extreme. I just replaced my earlier blackberry because it was hanging and I had to reboot too often. The second piece of advice would say to me that you-tube e.g. while in my car would be impossible. Streaming is too slow I guess. I am only listening to music so I will try and find these in a different medium, - thanks again.