Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
thorstenfixplease
My Device: Z10

bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

[ Edited ]

BUG LIST/FEATURE OBSERVATIONS - Z10/BB10:

1. CRITICAL granular control of notifcations/alerts e.g. a different sound/volume/vibration per mailbox or alert type has been completely removed in BB10 and needs to be reinstated as an urgency

2. support for BBM and Calendar in Landscape mode is missing. A workaround for BBM can be found via the Hub, not the BBM icon.

3. the sound alert for a text message sometimes doesn't play. It seems to vibrate okay, but every 5th or so text message, it doesn't play the alert sound.

4. CRITICAL if you set the display format for your emails to 'conversation style' (so that messages on the same thread are grouped - very helpful) but a folder which one of the messages is in isn't synced, then fresh inbox replies to that chain won't get shown to you in the Hub. It transpires that /GOOGLEMAIL/SENT ITEMS is a sub folder that's affected by this. It means any chain you reply to using your Blackberry, subsequent replies will not be displayed in the Hub. "Solution" is to disable 'conversation style' for thread display.

5. WhatsApp, Bloomberg Mobile (not the terminal login App) and BeBuzz should be top App conversion targets.

6. when you click the Text Messages icon it should take you to your text messages, not the Hub (which is what happens if you have an email open).

7. the lock screen currently has just one icon for emails - ALL emails, regardless of mailbox. It has a fairly generic number for unread messages in ALL of the boxes combined e.g. "200 emails" - this needs to be split our per mailbox.

8. opening a tenth App closes a previously opened App. It should ask you before closing the other App as it's a pain if the App it kills is Skype, Voice, Maps etc

9. the current battery icon is too small to tell the difference between 30% and 15% (for example) - touching it should display the %, or something similar.

10. the screen rotation can be extremely slow. Often you can count 1.. 2.. 3.. 4 before the screen switches orientation. Given how often you'll switch between orientations during use, it quickly gets annoying. 

11. when the screen finally rotates (see point 10) the position your cursor was in in the previous orientation is lost

12. it's not quick to put a question/exclamation mark into text. Fine, have a sub menu for general punctuation - but not these extremely common marks (which is exactly why comma and full-stop (period) are full-time keys)

13. the super-useful "delete from device OR delete from device & server" has been removed entirely!

14. using the browser in Landscape mode means "open in new tab" is in a sub-menu. As it's one of the most used features in any browser, and unlike Apple iOS you can't just hold a press to activate 'open in new tab', it really slows you down.

15. sometimes numbers are included in the on-screen keyboard, sometimes not. Can they be made permanent?

16. twice now my 'enter password to unlock' screen has appeared without the keyboard, meaning I couldn't enter my password. About 2 times out of 200, or 1%

17. new messages - have some small icons in the status bar at the top of the screen rather than require a swipe UP&RIGHT to see the Hub

18. in the Hub, the icons for each message don't show if the message was successfully sent. To check if an email/text was sent okay, you have to go into the message (2 levels)

19. you STILL can't see when a text message you received was actually sent by the other party. Quite a basic function.

20. you STILL can't swap email accounts when forwarding a message

21. Calendar reminders often don't trigger the red LED. In fact, the LED is generally pretty inconsistent, often not flashing, or flashing only for a short while.

22. the device supplied ring tones/alert tones are pretty terrible and you cannot set variable volume levels (see point 1).

23. you can select .mid files for your ringtone even though these aren't compatible (when someone calls, your phone will be silent).

24. there's an awkward 3 second pause between clicking Send and a text message actually sending. Why awkward? Because you then have to wait/waste 3 seconds waiting to see if your click was registered, and if the message was sent.

25. GMAIL - boring standard message in the Inbox, no labels or anything funky - Universal Search won't find it if it's more than 1 WEEK old?

26. The power-user controls for Universal Search seem to have vanished? Indexing, Extended Search etc? All you can choose now is "source"?

27. Weird one this. The phone stopped ringing! Checked and double-checked all Notification settings, even did a reboot but nope, phone will not ring for an incoming call! A fresh reboot finally fixed it - I was using a 206kb mp3 which may or may not be relevant

28. I'd love to know why G Maps is missing (assume aggressive move from Google?)

29. it's sometimes tricky to clear Missed Calls. I think you might have to go into the Missed Calls menu and then sub menu? Seems to be more effort than it should be - previously you just clicked the Dial button once to view and presto, missed call indicator cleared. Hardly a huge thing but then as with a lot on this list, it's all about saving a second here, a second there = a big saving over the day or week.

30. Contentious I know, and certainly not a 'fault', but the charging points are gone so I can't get a desktop stand (ironic given the battery life is now more of an issue)

31. when composing a text message you'd don't see the conversation history for that contact until you've sent the new message.

Thanks

edit: numbering

Contributor
manishnortel
My Device: Blackberry 10

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

32. Not able to switch Off camera sound

33. Only able to set one alarm, no multiple alarms like other OS

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

#32: No device is supposed to this. It has to do with privacy concerns. My 9810 wouldn't do it either without 3rd party software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
darrylkraemer
My Device: Blackberry Z10

+1 for this one. I've missed multiple email replies in the last day:

4. CRITICAL if you set the display format for your emails to 'conversation style' (so that messages on the same thread are grouped - very helpful) but a folder which one of the messages is in isn't synced, then fresh inbox replies to that chain won't get shown to you in the Hub. It transpires that /GOOGLEMAIL/SENT ITEMS is a sub folder that's affected by this. It means any chain you reply to using your Blackberry, subsequent replies will not be displayed in the Hub. "Solution" is to disable 'conversation style' for thread display.
New Contributor
shuvav

CRITICAL:  You cant control the image size for pictures when sending as attachemtns in email. In previous Os 6 & 7 you could select, "smaller, mide size, large or original". These options are gone.

DaveKPatrick

Just had the same issue ..

27. Weird one this. The phone stopped ringing! Checked and double-checked all Notification settings, even did a reboot but nope, phone will not ring for an incoming call! A fresh reboot finally fixed it - I was using a 206kb mp3 which may or may not be relevant

tapzas
My Device: z10

Headphones buggy. After disconnect it still thinks it's connected with headphones had to restart device
tapzas

Contacts list hangs at one contact can't lookup other contacts
New Contributor
MikeBishoff

Selecting batch group of emails.

1a) You have to tap each email individually to file to a different folder.  I miss the hold+tap for multiple selections.  (I get pages of alerts from work.)

1b)  With "Show filed messages: Off"  HUB still shows the filed messages (with filed icon).  

1C)  Filing multiple messages 5,10+ at a time, slows my z10 down to a crawl.  I have to reboot to get the speed back.  Lets also note, that there is no sign of a correct "TAP" to which folder, you have to wait for the confirmation notice to see where they ended up.  

elemin8

When you try and call through a linked phone number in an email the phone sometimes dials out without the ability of getting you to the dial pad to end calls. Super frustrating as you have to reboot to end a call. This is no constant but seems to happen frequently when I hit someones number from outlook.