Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

My 9850 has an app for #32.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Wow too many problems for now. To think they delayed this device so this wouldn't happen.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hasan187
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: STC

-Select All option on BBM broadcast messages.
-Delete updates information on BBM.
-Import Contacts from PC/File without using an e-mail account.
-Contacts total number.
-Enable multiple alarm function.
-Show Battery life percentage
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrysChrys
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

BUMP!

Question to BlackBerry Developers: when are you going to push out a bug-fix/os update? Do it soon! Don't keep us waiting. Even if you have only fixed 1/2 the number of bugs, it's fine, send us those fixes so that we can at least start having a little more fun with our Z10!

The single MOST important thing BlackBerry can do is swiftly respond to end-user feedback (bug reports, feature requests) and everything else (app-developers interest, word of mouth marketing, good reviews, buzz, sales, market share, stock price rise) will logically follow from there.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Carrier: Rogefs

I will add a few more.
1. Go to specific date is gone now we have to scroll through month by month to the date you want.
2. Categories are gone in the contacts this is a big one.
3. Receiving emails works and then it doesn't.
Well I have lots more but the easiest way to some it up is give us back what we have always had. Most of use these for business and cannot afford to be down.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ceejones
My Carrier: o2 Telefonica

got update to software release 10.0.9.348 today, and it seems to have removed Wifi channel support for channels 12 & 13. I guess this suggests not UK, so now have had to switch my wifi to a more congested channel so my Z10 can see it :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
L14NMS
My Carrier: Orange

[ Edited ]

#33 Typing text in Landscape. The screen does not scroll up automatically so you end up with your typing behind the keyboard. Close the keyboard move the text up with a swipe, open up the keyboard, cary on typing. Repeat as required.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

lesedwards wrote:
I will add a few more.
1. Go to specific date is gone now we have to scroll through month by month to the date you want.
2. Categories are gone in the contacts this is a big one.
3. Receiving emails works and then it doesn't.
Well I have lots more but the easiest way to some it up is give us back what we have always had. Most of use these for business and cannot afford to be down.

Hi lesedwards,

For #1 I am going to assume that you are talking about viewing calendar appointments, etc. If so in month view touch the currently displayed month and then pull down (the image below shows about 1/2 way through the swipe down). If you continue the swipe all the way down to the bottom you lock in the month grid (6 months are displayed!) and you can quickly swipe left and right through the months and years. :smileyhappy: Image below.

IMG_00000221.png

Part way through swipe ^

Calendar Grid

Full month grid ^

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Carrier: Rogefs

Hey thanks for that one. Things are looking up. I really believe BlackBerry will look after things as long as it dies not take till next year
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

No problemo. :smileyhappy: I've added it to the sticky with the tips/tricks as well. It would be great if that first thread post could get edited with all of the additional tips and tricks... it would make it easier to digest if all of the current tips and tricks were in the first post... :smileyhappy:

There are all kinds of things hidden in this OS already, and some of them only lead to hint to what is possible for this OS to do. A great example is have you ever clicked the app icon on the top left of an app page on BB World? The full size image dropdown is pretty cool (albeit useless in this case!) and I assume that it can easily be implemented by other developers, like maybe in Twitter when you click a profile image, a larger version would swoop down from above?)

I have great faith that they have built in some fantastic building blocks, and that Blackberry does know what features their hard core users all loved in the past, let's face it (they are all hardcore Blackberry users too!) and that they will start to bring back what we all know, love and miss. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.