Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

Yes that would be great if all the tips and tricks where in one post, Maybe someone will see one of these post and try to do that.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ChrysChrys
My Carrier: TELUS

[ Edited ]

A bunch of feature requests and bugs are listed here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/my-wishlist-z10-os-update-768484/

I think that thread summarizes 90% of bugs and most requested feature requests.

I wish for Team BlackBerry to have addressed everything on that thread before USA launch!

Hub - I agree with most constructive criticism noted in CrackBerry's review of Z10. Fixes to HUBs should be highest priority.

Improved Hub search and contact search:Can't search contacts by company name. searching for text messages, emails inside hub is inconsistent. When you search for emails/text message, it only searches in content instead of "from" and "to" fields also.

Orientation/Rotation lag : sometimes there is an orientation/rotation lag from Landscape to Portrait and vice versa.

BBM Voice (offline mode): ability to appear-offline on BBM VOICE at-will. Currently, have to turn off wifi if I want to be unavailable on VOICE. Only talking about "VOICE" part of BBM here.

Sound and Alerts profile (like in OS 7) including:
- be able to set sound for each account, different volume for different kinds of notifications
- customize bedside mode, customize what to do on returning from bedside mode

Quality of Apps:Bring top 50 apps from Android and iOS right away! This includes : NetFlix, WhatsApp, Viber (with voice), Amazon Kindle and so on.

Status bar - I want status bar to show # of notifications and kinds of notifications. BB 7 will show you # emails, #text message icon, #whatsapp messages, battery life, signal strength. I want that stuff visible in-app as well.

File management - ability to hide files/folders, password protect them

DLNA - ability to select folders I want to make available for DLNA (or exclude some folders from DLNA). I want to DLNA some music videos, but not videos I record from camera. So, I want to exclude certain folders from DLNA.

Home and Lock screen customization:
- ability to hide apps
- EMAIL icon (swiping gesture to get to Hub is a great shortcut, but there should be an EMAIL icon!)
- customize what's displayed on lock-screen

Calendar Alarms and Multiple Alarms - need to be able to set multiple alarms

Email customizations -
- Different alerts for different emails
- Email filtering rules
- Customize font size and color (not just for header/subject)
- Display first line of email's body as subject, if subject line is empty (like in BB 7)
- ICON for email on home screen
- Ability to store emails for more than 30 days
- Option to delete from device, server, both
- Improved push (gmail emails seem delayed, probably a gmail issue but BB should figure out a workaround to make it instant)
- display an icon or indicator if email has already been REPLIED to!

More VPN protocols and Bluetooth (Audio) Codecs - want APT-X Bluetooth audio codec for high quality audio streaming

Improved word substitution - no way to enter a hard-return in word substitution

Guest profile or Advanced Parental Controls - similar to "BlackBerry Balance" work-profile, I'd like create a Guest Profile that allows me to select a list of apps available for Guest Profile. I don't want children or guest peeking into emails, text messages, fb, twitter etc. Just use it to make phone calls and play games. If they try to open Email - ask for a Parental password or ask to switch to regular profile (password protected)

The single MOST important thing BlackBerry can do is swiftly respond to end-user feedback (bug reports, feature requests) and everything else (app-developers interest, word of mouth marketing, good reviews, buzz, sales, market share, stock price rise) will logically follow from there.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Good luck with that! We'll be lucky to see 10 percent of those issues resolved before US launch. Maybe by the end of the year...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
timmac15
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

Sending Large texts is a farse.  I can't get a new line when texting, MMS or BBM Verry Frustrating when trying to send a professional looking text or BBM like:

Good morning/afternoon Customor,

Thank you for contacting me.  Sorry I missed your call.  I will call you back shortly.

Kind regards,

Your name

BBM Send Key can't find out how to get multiple lines on BBM or Text

BBM.png

Text Message

Text.png

And Finally Email with the Return Key

Email.png

This needs to be fixed as I need to be able to send professional texts not just a brick wall of text.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

Setting up different email notifications for all your different email accounts is a big one. That was the first thing I started to do once I had my Z10 up and going and I could not believe that I could just setup one notification for all emails. I have been using the BlackBerry since the 7000r I think that is what they called the one with the wheel on it...LOL and I have been copying the sounds forward to each Blackberry I have owned and so I have already copied them to my new Z10 just to setup my different email notifications and that option is gone but I truly believe Blackberry will bring it back seeing how there has been major complaints same as Outlook Sync and some other ones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcolpitts
My Device: Z10 & 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Personally - what I've started doing for every bug or missing feature that previously existed, is opening a support incident on my TSupport contract.  Maybe someone will pay attention.  If not, I'll atleast get my pound of flesh out my TSupport contract  :Surrender:

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

A noble quest. However, if I were to do that I would have about 150 tickets open....that's not an exaggeration, either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards

Yes John I agree. I have been on here doing my fair of sounding off. My biggest complaint is all the programs and apps we have used for tears and then all if a sudden they are gone.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dcolpitts
My Device: Z10 & 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

I look at it like this - someone within RIM is atleast going to have to acknowledge the issue, even just to close the ticket or to tell me to go to heck.  That is more than I can say we are getting with publicly complaining...  If they keep seeing enough of the same support tickets, perhaps (yeah - slim chance I know) someone will look into.

dcc

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

Oh, don't get me wrong. That is definitely the best way. It will just be a lot of tickets.
Please use plain text.