Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

[ Edited ]

@anar-baku,

Neither of the two things you listed are technically a 'bug' :smileyhappy:

The first, not being able to paste into the dialer is 'missing functionality' and I'm sure we will see it added in the future.

The second is because you need more practice with the copy and paste. It always works for me. :smileyhappy:

When you copy, select your text, then tap the highlighted text, then touch the copy icon and slide left onto the expanded icon and word that pops out and then release your finger. Copy done. Practice with cut so you can see when you are successful. :smileywink:

To paste, simply touch and hold the text area you want to paste into and touch the paste icon and slide left onto the text and icon that expands then release your finger.

Copy and paste works, and we'll every time. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
anar_baku
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

@DrewRead - the two things I listed in that particular post are both actually bugs.

1. I wrote about being unable to send an emails. I didn't write about copy-pasting into the Dial Pad (that was a previous post, and yes that was a functionality issue, not a bug). Here is the issue I was referring to: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33736 . As you can see it was recognised by BB on 12 Mar, but nothing done about it.

2. I would consider myself tech-savvy, above average anyway, so if a text is not copied, then I would have probably already considered the fact that maybe I'm not tapping properly, so please, no need to lecture on how to copy-paste. The reason I know it's a bug, is because I actually tapped Cut and it still didn't paste the right text. Trust me - I do it right!
Forums Advisor III
drewread

anar_baku wrote:
@DrewRead - the two things I listed in that particular post are both actually bugs.

1. I wrote about being unable to send an emails. I didn't write about copy-pasting into the Dial Pad (that was a previous post, and yes that was a functionality issue, not a bug). Here is the issue I was referring to: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33736 . As you can see it was recognised by BB on 12 Mar, but nothing done about it.

2. I would consider myself tech-savvy, above average anyway, so if a text is not copied, then I would have probably already considered the fact that maybe I'm not tapping properly, so please, no need to lecture on how to copy-paste. The reason I know it's a bug, is because I actually tapped Cut and it still didn't paste the right text. Trust me - I do it right!

Hi anar_baku,

I didn't notice that you added that email getting stuck issue to you seem to be having getting tagged onto your reply to my post about other issues you listed. :smileywink:

That is indeed an odd issue, and one that I am not having on any of my 4 hosted IMAP accounts. It could be any number of things. Have you contacted your carrier's blackberry support team to see if they can help you out? If they were unable to they offer to escalate you to blackberry support, they should have... Even if there is an issue in the KB, it is always a good idea to call in and get your voice heard. The more tickets opened for an issue, the more people that are put onto it from development. :smileyhappy:

In reading that rather ambiguous KB, it would seem to be an issue with a single upstream provider.. 1&1 hosting. Which could just as easily be a configuration issue on the upstream end as a software bug on the side of the Z10. I don't know which is the case, but it looks like they are looking into it. Have you contacted 1&1 to see if they know about it and if Blackberry has contacted them about the issue? Maybe 1&1 will be of some help.

In fact if it was indeed listed March 12th, and this is March 24th.. this issue may have already been sorted out and coming in a new software release. No way to tell when that will happen, because unfortunately the carriers have a strangle hold on the releases. They demand to put them through network testing before they are released and that is out of Blackberry's control. At least until they get some clout back and can say enough is enough to the carriers, and so far I think only Apple has the clout to pull that one off. :smileywink:

As to the cut and paste, no offence intended, but I was simply trying to point out the correct procedure for the copy and paste. Tech savvy or not, many people miss the fact that for many of the overflow menus you actually have to maintain finger contact after you touch the icon and the word expands out, and then slide to the left over that word then release your finger. Otherwise no action is enacted on the original icon location. I know that I didnt figure it out for about a day and a half, and as such had the same issues as you.Then I figured out the correct finger motions to make it work and since I mastered it, copy and paste has never failed. I too would consider my self "Tech-savvy", I would save above the average "above average", and as I had issues and had to have the action pointed out to me.. I am not embarassed to point the action out to others. :smileyhappy: This is a user to user forum, and if you don't want to get any help or take any advice from any other users, then I suggest calling your carrier's support team. :smileyhappy: Sometimes you will get a good tidbit here, other times drivel.. so you have to learn what to use and what not to. :smileyhappy:

The only issue that I have with any of these overflow menus is that some of them actually don't require you to make that left moving slide and lift, and some do. That is a UI inconsistency and not a bug. The proper procedure is that slide left and it works in either case, so I now do it every time and I don't have issues in any overflow menu anymore. :smileyhappy:

Like any piece of new hardware and software, there are bound to be bugs. Some people are willing to live with them (early adopters), others are not and they should either find a phone that suits them, or wait for the early adopters to get the kinks worked out. :smileyhappy: If you arent happy with your phone then by all means get one that you are happy with. :smileywink:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Trusted Contributor
runyamhere
My Device: Z10 * Q10 * Z30 * Passport

Ana_baku

The bug for copying certainly did not start with Z10 as a Blogger I've seen it many times on the Curve 8520, all I can say at the moment is:

1. BB10 was not baked 2 years ago and left to be served in 2013 without being touched it probably had more bugs back then and as the tech world moved some more changes had to be incorporated. Would you have liked the OS 2 years ago? I think not, the bugs would have been multiplied. We are used to doing things in a certain way and OS10 radically changed that, are we being resistant to change & crave the old? I think so, new technologies annoy most check Windows in the workplace, over OS7 I would choose BB10 because the gains are more than enough.

2. If I moved to Android or iOS there are things I will not be able to do as good as on my Z10 and some I would. There is some tradeoff, if Z10 could not share via bluetooth we would call it a bug but iOS call it a feature left out from the beginning. Some bugs are features we have in legacy OS that are not in BB10, are they really bugs? What is a bug? If you honestly defined bug you will know the answer.

3. Rushed out fixes create more bugs or worse. Remember that company who tried to fix the lock screen bypassing and ended up with a worse variants of similar bugs?

Overall OS10 is good and performs well, exceeds my expectation and redefined my view of what a BlackBerry is. If you know of OS then you will remember how nobody ever got out a 100% OS, ask yourself why? Because user needs are different. Not being able to dial from a number thrown into an email might be a bug to you but for me it's all about how that number is set +27736210611 is not the same as 0736210611 what makes a phone number different from a general number? Type those into an OS10 form and see the difference. It's being simplistic to expect the OS to know that you mean a number or phone number, I have seen my Curve 8520 try to call a general number as a phone, annoying but I cannot blame the phone, I've seen some phones constantly changing my input in vernacular to English, very annoying but is it a bug or that my language is not recognised by the OS? The OS will get better but as first adopters we will bear a lot of annoyances, bugs & missing niceties. Some guys wait a year to get a Z10 knowing that by then many issues are fixed.
darylloh
My Device: blackberry z10

are all these bugs fixed? because i'm planning on buying this phone and if its that much bugs i wont be buying it

Contributor
hrdnox
My Device: Z10 Blackberry 10

I wish I had held off for atleast the Q10. The Web browser on the Z10 is second to none on any phone I've seen. It's just a lot of small glitches, some of which are real nit pickey and you won't even notice.
It's always funny when it's someone else.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Feel free to add them here if they aren't already listed here. Maybe there are workarounds or new work flows for some of them :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
sbruno624
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

When recieving a group message, you will get a notification of a new message in the group, but if you are texting the same person in a SMS, it will say they sent you a new message.  Even after you check the group message, you have to go in and open the SMS with that person in order for the light to stop blinking.  On my 9930, it would do the same things, however, instead of getting a notifcation in the group, I would get a message asking me to download the MMS, and then it would jump over to the group.

Cannot change the picture of yourself in a group message, even with your contact card in contacts

For contacts with numbers not in the format +1#######, using the facebook app will cause duplicates of the number to show up, for example if the persons number is in your phone as 412-555-5555, the format on facebook is +14125555555, you will see 2 options for mobile, just different formats of the same number

Contacts in different folders in gmail dont show up, only the main folder does.

Contact pictures dont sync correctly

Cant change names of linked contacts.  For example my Mom got linked to her FaceBook, she is in my phone as Mom, but the link changed her name to Mom (LastName).  I cant delete it, if I unlink it, I lose the facebook picture, and cant seem to get the one on google working

Swiping up from the spacebar always brings me back to the homescreen, there needs to me a different swype for that

There should be a way for the z10 to differentiate what you want to search for when searching for a contact.  Even though i have facebook, twitter and linkedin contacts turned off in the address book, I still see all those people when I search for a number, along with email addresses.  Texts should only search for phone numbers, or even an option for mobile numbers

When updating, deleted apps that came with the phone are restored

Regular Contributor
Rush-O-Matic

So, I've had my Z10 for a week now.  I see several of my bugs/ feature wants already listed, but I am going to list them again for two reasons: 1. hoping the more times it's mentioned, the more attention it will get; 2. maybe I missed the solution posted elsewhere.  Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.  I have been a loyal blackberry user for many years now, and like others pointed out, most of these are features I used to have (upgrade?!), not a magical wish list.

1.  Can't set multiple vibrate alerts; old BlackBerry, I miss 1 vibrate for text, 2 for email and 3 for phone call when it's in my pocket. (Mentioned elsewhere, but seems to be the most common complaint and seems like an easy fix.)

2. Why can't the "Contacts" automatically open with the keyboard screen up? Why would you not want to be able to start searching as soon as you open the contacts? I have over 3000 contacts in my phone, the percentage of time that I would want one of the first 10 alphabetically-listed contacts is very small. That should be an option for the keyboard to already be open without an extra swipe.

3. There's no "blank line" to be able to paste clipboard into dial pad. (also mentioned before, also odd it's not fixed)

4. If you dial a number, and then add it to your contacts, the phone app will revise the number to show the name you've entered.  But, the hub list does not update.

5. I miss one push to set to vibrate mode. (A swipe and a touch is not as conventient and fast as one push.) The mute key should be press & hold into vibrate mode instead of press & hold into voice recognition - or at least an option.

6. When Bluetooth is active, the blue LED doesn't flash anymore.

7. In calendar week (or day) view, I can't set the default to show the whole work day. I have to scroll up each time. I can pinch zoom, but each day should be able to default to show the length of work day that I set.

8. You should be able scroll-peek at events for the day, if the whole name doesn't fit or something. On previous BlackBerry phones, you could scroll through each event, and the full details would show across the bottom. In month view, there is a 'blank area' where all the activities will show. Would be nice in day view too.  Having to actually open each back-to-back event to see what's coming next is way too many steps.

9. Would like to delete an email on my phone, and have the 'delete on handheld' and 'delete on mailbox & handheld' option back. (mentioned before - if the sync could be changed to smaller than 15 minutes, this might not be a big deal)

10. GPS / Map screen won't turn to landscape mode.

arovira
My Device: z10

There is a problem when you hang a call and at the same moment you recieve a call. You are not able to answer the call. I need to restart the phone

2. Emails.. when you open the email they are to big on the screen. There should be a text wrap. So you don't need to scroll to the right and the left to read an email

3. There have to be a better way to get to the hub.