Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: bug list/feature observations for BB10 on Z10

Thanks for the tip. I have it downloaded, just feeling a nervous about installing.
Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Download the 10.2.1.1925 file.

Then, follow the directions in my post here: Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader except you will substitue the 1925 file for those mentioned in the link... not very complicated.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The loader process only takes about 5 minutes. It's the backup/restore process that takes all the time. If you can avoid restoring I recommend NOT restoring your data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
My Device: Z30

For turning off camera sound, on the Z30 anyway, you can do this simply by setting your Notifications to Silent.

John_Clark wrote:
#32: No device is supposed to this. It has to do with privacy concerns. My 9810 wouldn't do it either without 3rd party software.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Yes, the later OS's are now offering this ability.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I haven't had a free evening yet to dive into this upgrade, and now they are telling us we'll be getting a carrier update. 

But I may still do this to .1925. 

Can you tell me why some posters talk about the "radio" as something separate to the update? I'm assuming "radio" is what received the cell network signal?

Guru I

Yes that's what the radio is. Some of the OS's leaked are for developers of apps and often don't need radio files. The OS will run without it but you can't make calls or connect to the Internet. If you install one without a radio you can install the radio later.

It's easiest to download a version that has a radio file includes already.

I'm hopeful we'll see updates on Verizon tomorrow but no guarantees. I would probably wait another day or two and if we still don't see the updates then go ahead and install manually using the leak.
Solutions: 6,065
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm Told you should be getting it by now on VZW.
If not, check your Settings > Software updates.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Well, I got tired of waiting on AT&T for my update so I went ahead with your links/instructions. Thank you, i'm enjoying 10.2!

Would like to see: Selecting multiple messages and moving them into a file / folder.