04-04-2013 11:25 PM
Do these posts get examined by Blackberry truly? Just want to make sure.
1) MAJOR ISSUE: Meetings set using Microsoft Lync do not get picked up as a meeting with "Join" option. It did when I first got my Z10 (first OS version for Canada), but didn't work properly at that time. It picked up the phone number, but not the code. Looks like it was changed to not show "Join" at all. Please add support for MS Lync meetings. If you would like an example, contact me with the email you have for me, or tweet me at: @bizdudePB
2) MINOR: When connected via Bluetooth to my Jambox, I try to control the volume from my phone but it shows the volume "locked" symbol. Maybe I am not seeing an option to change this? On my 9810 (or 9900) I was able to control the volume from my phone controls.
3) MODERATE: Is it possible to pickup address and phone info from Websites? It does on the search results (e.g. with Google), but not when I am in a store's Website. I was trying in Google "San Diego Best Buy". Compare PC Chrome browser results to Z10 Web. On the Google search result, the addresses are dropped, but the phone number is there and dialable (Great!!). Having Address go to maps app would be good. Then, if I click to go to a Best Buy Web page (Store 352), the address and phone number show at the top of the page, but are not like a "link" that I can press to dial or bring up the address in maps.
4) FEATURE: I love the idea of the separate personal and corporate profile. I would like to have multiple profiles (say 3 or 4). I have my corporate profile for work, but I also have a personal one for me and my hobbies, but I also would like one for my volunteer work, and for my work in my industry (but outside my job).
I have my corporate email address, and I manage our corporate twitter, facebook, and LinkedIn accounts, then there is my personal but work related profile, where I have a blog, gmail and yahoo email, my personal LinkedIn, and twitter. Then there's my volunteer jobs, where I have an email and facebook for two different organizations.
It would be possible maybe to support this by allowing multiple twitter, facebook, linkedIn accounts in the Hub, and having a way to group them, so that I could have Personal, Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2 groups, and when I select one, I get the accounts selected that one group.
5) CRAZY FEATURE: Here's a Pie int he sky feature. Would it be posslbe to have it so that BB10 devices could be aware of each other (proximity maybe NFC?), such that you can combine the power of the two devices. Say you could link more than one Z10 as a hotspot in a bad reception area and increase the data throughput. I have been in conference centers in basements of hotels where having to do demos with spotty reception. This would be great when Playbooks also have BB10 OS, as many PB owners likely have BB devices (and hopefully BB10!).
Another crazy thing might be pairing the PB and your BB10 phone on the same conference call, where your PB is displaying a screen share, but the voice path is on the phone.
I also believe that the BB10 (QNX) OS is able to do distributed processing at the OS level. Could this open up options like:
1) Ability to be on the same video conference, but the video feed is from the playbook setup at the far end of the table, or viewing the whiteboard, while the phone is on the same call, but in the middle of the conference table where people are talking?
2) Allow my RDP app to run faster / refresh faster by using the Playbook LTE as well as my Z10 LTE data path?
04-05-2013 02:31 AM
I checked and checked and then checked again. The textbox behaviour seems to be inconsistent. Cascades textboxes seem to treat backspace as a backspace always. Shif or no shift, the backspace is backspace, except, when cursor is before first character, then the backspace is delete.
In settings (system settings) however, the textboxes behave different. The SSID input field, the bluetooth device name input field and other textboxes, the backspace depends on shift, not the location of cursor. If a shift is pressed, the backspace is delete. Always (even if cursor is after last character). If cursor is before first character, shift not pressed, the backspace is always backspace.
To sum up:
Cascades textboxes: backspace behaviour depends only on cursor position
System settings textboxes: backspace behaviour depends only on shift key status (pressed or not)
Would be nice to make it consistent through whole system in next release.
Hope people who develop the BB10 OS look at this thread, as it is a great knowledge base of found bugs and probable improvements.
As for improvements... I showed my phone to my wife other day. She liked it with a big BUT. She said that unless there will be multiple alarms in clock, she will stick to phones that have multiple alarms in clock.
04-05-2013 09:34 AM
I was using bold 5 earlier and Have bought Z10 onl
1) When a search is initiated using Universal sear
2) In the 'Call log' screen, it takes about 8-15 s
3) Also, can anyone suggest me an easy way to text
Right now, the way I have discovered that in order
Also, the call log does not show the number of the
And of course, there is this old problem of not being abl
04-07-2013 12:54 AM
Another Feature Idea.
I travel alot, and am VERY happy to have BB travel back. I was wondering if there's a way that, if I have booked a meeting (or meetings) in the destination city, and they are in my calendar with the address... When I book my flight, could it scan the calendar, and see these addresses, and know that I haven't booked my stay, that it suggests hotels close to my meeting? If more than one, then maybe let me choose which address I would prefer to be close to? Might be need, and would save me some time.
04-08-2013 11:00 PM
Poor swipe when using Z10 as remote for Playbook (LTE).
One the Z10's remote control playbook rectangle, i am finding that doing the side bezel swipe to switch applications on the playbook is finicky. Maybe the black bezel border that mimicks the playbook bezel needs to be thicker (seems to be room). It seems that I move the cursor mostly when I try to left or right swipe to switch apps (particularly on the left side of the rectangle). If I accurately am touching the black bezel border, and hold for a second, then the swipe works, otherwise I mostly move the cursor.
I would like the bezel swipe to be as fast as on the playbook itself without the pause.
04-08-2013 11:05 PM