Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
silverclown
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: calDav

Ya, I refuse to do a battery pull....for now.

So, to update my earlier post: I only was seeing sporadic appointments being synced to my Z10 before I went to sleep.  By the morning, all my appointments had shown up.  I guess you just have to be patient for all this syncing to happen.

As a point of info, I also tried uploading my Outlook calendar (*.ics file) to my Google Apps account.  And it synced much quicker than my Yahoo calendar.  But there are a few issues:  It did not recognize any recurring appointments that had been changed on certain occasions (for example, appointments that I had manually set with an hour delay one week was synced as the original time, losing that exception).  The other big issue, is that on the Z10 I can't edit any of the appointments - can't delete, change name, time, location, or reminder alert details.

My conclusion: Sync your old Blackberry with Outlook.  Save that calendar as a .ics file. Then import that into your web based email account. Then have patience.  Do it before you go to sleep so you don't keep checking wondering if it will or won't work.

Not saying it will work for everyone, but this is the best fix I can figure out for my situation.

New Contributor
tpoulias
My Device: z10

What about subscribed calendars in Gmail?  No way to get them to appear on the device either?

ActiveSync to Gmail states that only primary Cal will be synced... and Gmail CalDav will only ONE calender to sync... I try and add a new one... same creds, with the new URL to that Cal... and it states it is already setup.

New Contributor
theastad
My Device: BB Torch

I'm still doing something wrong.

Description: kamloops red zone garbage collection

Username: I put my name here

Email Address: I have my apple email address here

Password: I have my apple password

Server Address: p03-calendarws.icloud.com

I keep getting the message Your account  kamloops red zone garbage collection - theastad@mac.com - theastad@mac.com cannot be authenticated with your service provider. Please make sure the account settings are correct

HELP ! 

New Contributor
theastad
My Device: BB Torch

and how about mu carddav ?

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

tpoulias wrote:

What about subscribed calendars in Gmail?

What is it?

tpoulias wrote:
ActiveSync to Gmail states that only primary Cal will be synced...

yes, this is correct

tpoulias wrote:

and Gmail CalDav will only ONE calender to sync...

That is incorrect. for each of your Google calendar, you can get the calDAV credentials (but you'll have to look at the Google Help website that somehow is buggy, basically you need to find each Google Calendar's ID string, and use that string to create the calDAV URL).

Once you have those calDAV credential, you can simply enter them in your z10 (in the hub settings, use the advanced settings to add manually a new calDAV account and fill the form).

This is also true for the Google Contacts.

The manipulation is not easy, I wish Google had not unilaterally stopped their Calendar sync tools, and that once they did it, I wish they had put straight their help pages about calDAV. Such a shame.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
tpoulias

tpoulias wrote: 

and Gmail CalDav will only ONE calender to sync...

That is incorrect. for each of your Google calendar, you can get the calDAV credentials

This is incorrect.  When i use the URL as supplied from the subscribed calendar, with my gmail creds... the systems says it can't add it cause it is already there.

So again my quesiton is not being answered... just a basic ical feed... no user name/password needed... and I can't add that to my BB10.  Why make it so difficult?  Same link works on any iOS and Android devices, where user names/passwords are options... but not requirements.

Here is it... can anyone make it work?

webcal://ashburn1666.mytroop.us/ical/feed/8eadb7cf-a007-4ef4-a199-6412a75e27ba

Developer
MisterT
My Device: Z10

I'm in the same boat, I don't think there is a way to add a URL ical feed to the BB10 calendar.  So,  I used a workaround to get an ical url subscription added to my z10. 

I used an outlook.com account.   Went into it, added the URL to the outlook.com calendar.  Then I added the outlook.com account to my z10.  I ignored setting up email and such, I only setup the calendar. 

At first it appeared it wasn't working, then I shut down the calendar app.  I waited a minute, then started it up.  My subscription then showed up in my calendar!   Good enough for me.    

I tried this weith google calendar too.  Didn't work. 

New Contributor
tpoulias

I did find one option that worked...

Subscribe to any Icals you want in Gmail then downlaod and use "calendar sync" from the BB World...

Brought down ALL subscribed iCals to my device.

Contributor
Sweeney70
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook 64GB

CalDav and PB/OS10

Hi together,

I'm really disappointed about Blackberry these days.

Okay, what happened. Google stopps Activesync step by step, and now it was my Googleaccount too. 

Yesterday it stopped working and I had to delete my account from my PB and create it new. Now are all settings with this open format. 

I changed my syncoptions online and the iPad makes it right, shows all shared calendars and I can use them.

The ***** Playbook and OS10 does'nt. Why? They are writing, that there is FULL CalDAV-support. It's a lie!

Now I have to use another Tablet and another Smartphone, or is here an option or function available?

If not, Blackberry will go down, because they force every User to use Clouds and don't support it fully. 

Btw: CalendarSync does'nt work anymore. 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: CalDav and PB/OS10

hello,

is your issue with your GMail account or your GoogleApps account?

Do I undersdand correctly ?
- Your issue solved for your PlayBook
- You still have an issue with your Bold 9700
- you have an issue with another BlackBerry 10 phone.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: