Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

can't buy in app world - paypal errors anyone?

hmm.. can't buy on appworld with my paypal account..   I thought it would all carrry over with my blackberry ID.  I never had any problems on my 9900 and other phones?

error message ppdlg.paypal_error_unknown

anyone else experience this?

My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: can't buy in app world - paypal errors anyone?

I got the same error, reported to Blackberry Support via Twitter and all they could suggest was to try a credit/debit card, which I did and this worked.

However since I went back to them and advised this, no reponse.  It seems that once they find an issue they give a general response and leave it at that.   They give the impression that they are not interested or are burying their head in the sand.

I had Paypal working on my 9800 without a problem so kinda expected it would work on the Z10.

My Carrier: rogers

Great thanks so much!

The thing is, I want to protect my credit and debit cards from any unusual activity which is why i like using paypal.

How dissapointing Smiley Sad   I will also send it to twitter support.

Barely any apps worth buying and the ones that i want i can't buy through the way i used to?

I really hope that by the time they launch in the U.S. , the lessons learned from us UK + CAN guinea pigs are all worked out so we can get our OS updates with bug fixes and some actual apps!

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

I had the same problem. Resolved by selecting the 'change PayPal account' option and logging back in to the existing account.

My Carrier: Turkcell

i had the same error,you have to reregister your PP account to new z10,and it is all done
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

Here is the fix from a computer.

1. Go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore and sign in. Under the Developers heading it says Welcome and beside that is your BlackBerry Screen Name.
  2. Select Payment Options below the BlackBerry Screen Name.
  3. If PayPal is already selected, click Modify to the right. If not, select PayPal from the Change Payment Option To: listing and click Next.
  4. Click Pay with PayPal.
  5. On the PayPal preapproval page, login with the PayPal account to use for the payment source.
  6. Select Approve to agree to the PayPal preapproval agreement (Note: This is required. A charge will not be applied to the PayPal account. This is to set a maximum payment limit for account protection.)
  7. A confirmation page will be displayed.
  8. Once returned to the Change Payment Method page, select an available option along the top to modify additional BlackBerry ID information, or click on the link to browse the BlackBerry World catalog. (Note: Clicking Next will proceed to change the payment options).

This comes from:

http://origin-btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewContent.do?externalId=KB33625 which also includes resolution steps from a BlackBerry 10 smartphone. Forget them because they don't work. But once you configure the settings from a computer then you can go to your phone and select Settings>Payment Options and your Payment Accounts will include PayPal.