Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!

can't delete fb msg from hub anymore

Since the z10 update, I can no longer delete or clear the message for FB on the Hub. Can't do it one at a time, nor multiple by holding the date then deleting. 

Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Re: can't delete fb msg from hub anymore

AND ... no matter how many times I clear all 6 whole msg I have on Twitter in the Hub... they download back in, over & over again. I can't get rid of those, either. At least I can delete them but it's fruitless! LoL

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Towngirl,

Uninstall Facebook from BB world. Then delete the facebook account from settings. (Home page select settings, accounts facebook , delete. 

Then restart your z10, then install Facebook again, sign on and it will create your account for you. You can always just delete the account and it would resolve your issue, but its best to do all 3 steps.

Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Well, had a to wait a minute for the notifications to come in again & once they did I tried to delete just one & then... tried to hold date & delete all & .......... ta da! :Punk: So far, so good. 

I also did that for Twitter which was behaving the same way & it's working.

So... unless the notifications download AGAIN (as Twitter tends to do), then all will be well! :Cowboy:

Thankgoodness it worked.  It was building up wks worth of notifications I couldn't delete!

Super Contributor
towngirl_04

& Thank you!
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

[ Edited ]

At this point, it will now delete if I highlight date, delete, wait a moment.. Then restart. Only then is it all gone.

As for twitter... I can delete my 4 or 5 whole messages over and over but they just keep coming back.  Annoying!

After having the Bold 9900 I would say the z10 is inferior. Many good features have been left out. And most important.. Can't delete an email on the phone as it removes it from my online version. STUPID!

I was surprised the other day at work to find how disappointed the depts computer people were with it. One of them.. Her notifications were going off and she said.. See? Iwont even check my phone now cuz iknow it can't do what I need it to do. 

Too bad. Bb used to rule but not so much with this z10!

Super Contributor
towngirl_04

This worked for 1 day. Back to square one!
Contributor
rottencorpse
My Device: Z10

Im having the same problem with my FB messages, they will not delete no matter what I do. As for Twitter, I had the same problem and Twitter/BlackBerry support had no answer so do not waste your time. You have to go to Twitter and delete your account. Follow the instructions they give so you can keep your name. Delete your account then create a new account wih the same name/email address. That was the only way to get those messages from being resent to your phone again and again....since then, no more problems with Twitter....now if i can only get those FB messgaes to erase....

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Have you tried the 3 dots and then very last item is select more? That will allow you to tap the FB message and then select delete.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.