Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Sloppy
My Device: Z10 and 16 GB Playbook

can't download from BlackBerry World on Z10

i have downloaded several apps from the app world, but suddenly today I'm getting this error on any attempt to download

An error has occured processing your request

what did i do?

thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: can't download from BlackBerry World on Z10

go into setting and turn on airplane mode and then turn it off and see if it persists

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
Sloppy

thanks, but doesn't seem to make any difference, still can't download from app world

Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

There was an BB world update on my device this evening, maybe you can download the update? It comes via BB World, so you may be shafted. :smileysad:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Contributor
hasan187
My Device: Z 10

I have the same issue and nothing is working. And also from sittings i can't access the blackberry ID as when i click it it keeps loading for ever the same thing on clocking on payment options ????!!! I really need help
New Contributor
Sloppy

well, I finally had to do a security wipe and start over (after consulting with BB support on the phone).

the told me this has something to do with aborting an install (by rebooting the phone) before it was complete, which I swear I did not ever do, but thats what they told me

trust me i wasn't too impressed with doing a wipe, but I've only had the phone about a week so it only took me about 2 hours to get it back into shape, and blackberry world works again.

here is the email they sent me outlining the whole hoary process:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Technical Support. We are please to assist you regarding the issue of updating the BlackBerry World application on the BlackBerry Z10.

This issue has been diagnosed as DT 6824366 that is currently being investigated by our Software Development Team. Please see the following article for details:

Article Title: Application entry stuck in "Installing" mode if device is rebooted during installation process in BlackBerry World
Article Number: KB33713
Article Link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33713&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

As a workaround to this issue, please follow the steps below:

-1- Create a backup of the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone using the BlackBerry Link software (See the following article for details):  (good luck with that, I have never gotten that pathetic excuse for support software Blackberry Link to work worth a **bleep** - BlackBerry you should be ASHAMED at releasing such shappy support software - IT JUST DOESN'T WORK!)

Article Title: How to backup data on a BlackBerry Z10 smartphone
Article Number: KB33526
Article Link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33526&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

-2- Perform a security wipe of the BlackBerry 10 smartphone using the step in the article below:

Article Title: How to perform a security wipe on a BlackBerry 10 smartphone
Article Number: KB33591
Article Link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB33591&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

-3- Restore the backup file created in steps 1 to the BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Please reply with any questions. Thank you again for contacting us.

anyway, good luck, hope this helps.

Contributor
hasan187
My Device: Z 10

I don't know what happened today. But after rebooting 10 times every thing is working fine and also BBM is back to life.
New Contributor
slyme1
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Hi Same here can`t get into it :smileysad:

New Contributor
ajokeomoware
My Device: z 10

I can't open the blackberry world on my device. Any help please
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

Some suggest that you can 'work around' the app world issue by going in via the music app.

Open music, tap overflow menu icon (...), click 'BlackBerry World'
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: