Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
grondi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Play

contacts disappeared from z10

The first problem has started some time ago, but now is very annoying because it happens almost every day.
Device: Z10 STL100-2, version 10.1.0.273.

I have MS Exch online (MS Office 365). Z10 syncs e-mails, calendar, notes, tasks with no problems.

I also sync my contacts and everything seems to be OK till all contacts disappear. Then I reboot the device and within 15-30 minutes device re-synchronizes all your contacts (about 1000).

My friend has a Z10 STL100-1 and does not have firmware 10.1, and he has the same problem with O365.

The second problem is the synchronization of contacts to the server. When I add new contact on the device, it is saved as local contact and is not synced up to the server. What should I do to have contacts added on the device synced up to the server?

When I had Bold 9700 there was no such problems.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
TheSen
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: contacts disappeared from z10

Hey grondi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

How often do you notice the contacts dissappearing on the BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone? Is this something that occurs daily on the device? 

When you are creating a contact on the BlackBerry Z10 smartphone please ensure you are saving it with the Work option selected (this option is found under the New Contact heading). Try saving a contact with this option selected and see if it synchronizes properly.

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you

-TheSen

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grondi

I notice the contacts dissappearing on the BlackBerry® Z10 smartphone on average every 1-2 days.

It's very annoying. I needed to call someone and I couldn't do it because I didn't have my phonebook. I had to restart my device and then after 20-30 minutes all contacts were synchronized.

When I'm creating new contact I can't see any "Work option" there. Could you show me any screenshot where to find?

I have switched language to English to try it but I can't see this option.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
grondi

Could you please advise me with these problems?

Problem with contacts disappearing happens every day now. It's very very annoying.

Is there any way to store my synchronised exch contacs as local contacs? Mayby it will be the solution. It was normal in BB OS 6 and 7.

And as I wrote earlier, when I'm creating new contact I can't see any "Work option" there. Please show me where to find it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
geoffhogan
My Carrier: bell mobility

I have the same problem syncing contacts with our local exchange 2010 server. Same issue contacts disappear until I restart device.
Geoff Hogan
Z10 / Playbook
Please use plain text.