Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
SSHoneyInc
My Carrier: Telus

couple issues

Hello All,

I am having a couple issues and they are not major and I feel bad asking but curious if anyone has a solution. 

1 - to power on the Z10, I need to hold the power button for what seems to me a long time, 10 -15 seconds before it will start.  If I stop pressing early, it just won't start.

2 - Browser issue after 10.85 update.  A couple websites I use don't work after the update.  m.tapiture.com being one. I can no longer logon, I just get a white screen.  If I delete cookies, I can access site but as soon as I logon I cannot access the site anymore.  Also the option buttons on the site no longer work.  Before the update, I never had an issue.  

3 - Battery life drastically went down for me post update.  Fully charging and discharging twice sure helped.  Is there a way to tell if apps are running in the background? 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,752
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: couple issues

All three of those issues, of course, should not be happening.

1- You should only need hold the top edge power button down about two seconds.

3- I've read so many other say their battery life went up, got better.

Please do this, clear your "Cookies and other data" and then, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

This might help clear your browser cache.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Carrier: BELL

I also noticed better battery life with the new upgrade. I also noticed in the phone section, the icon for the speed dial for the message center is now better looking.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SSHoneyInc

Thanks for the prompt reply. I will give it a try and report back. Thank you.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Carrier: BELL

[ Edited ]

I tried to reach the site you are mentioning. I cannot get to it with any computer or phone that I have. 

This suggestion should allow for the least amount of rejection possible for visiting sites.

Open the browser. Tap the three dot menu {ooo} on the lower right. Go to Settings. Turn off Private Browsing. Turn on Accept Cookies. Go back to Display and Actions. Turn on Adobe Flash. Turn on Search Suggestions. Turn on Open Links for New Tabs in Background.

What is interesting is I made a shortcut of Google Search on to the phone's desktop. When I want to use the Browser I use this Google shortcut. I can write site names in to the bottom prompt, or I can use Google Search as required.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

That url m.tapiture.com works perfectly fine on my Z10. Just checked.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
SSHoneyInc

I did the clear cookies and then a battery pull.  I left the battery out for 5 minutes and restarted.  All the websites I had issues with are working.  It seems that I didn't leave the battery out long enough in the past.  Thanks.

I rechecked all the settings for the browser too and adjusted them as suggested.  Thanks.

I will see how I fair for battery life today as maybe an app was still running and not cleared from memory as my browser's cache was.  

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kenzzie
My Carrier: Rogers

jerryg50 wrote:

I tried to reach the site you are mentioning. I cannot get to it with any computer or phone that I have. 

This suggestion should allow for the least amount of rejection possible for visiting sites.

Open the browser. Tap the three dot menu {ooo} on the lower right. Go to Settings. Turn off Private Browsing. Turn on Accept Cookies. Go back to Display and Actions. Turn on Adobe Flash. Turn on Search Suggestions. Turn on Open Links for New Tabs in Background.

What is interesting is I made a shortcut of Google Search on to the phone's desktop. When I want to use the Browser I use this Google shortcut. I can write site names in to the bottom prompt, or I can use Google Search as required.

The browser short cut on the desktop is a great tip.  I log in to my principle site 80% of the time and this will make it a bit quicker and easier.

Thx

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Carrier: Rogers

kenzzie wrote:

The browser short cut on the desktop is a great tip.  I log in to my principle site 80% of the time and this will make it a bit quicker and easier.

Thx

I started a post for people to list their favouite mobile sites here, it never did catch on, but there are many great mobile sites out there that work brilliantly on the Z10. :smileyhappy:

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
JSanders

SSHoneyInc, glad to see you got thus resolved on the Web sites. Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.