Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
whiteface
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

delete some apps

want to delete some apps from my z10 like accuweather and some others which seems not to be able to delete. is there a way to get rid of it?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk
My Device: Q10, Z10, PlayBook 32

Re: delete some apps

There are two ways. The simple way is to touch and hold the icon until it flashes. Then press the small garbage can in the top right corner and confirm.

The second way is to go through BlackBerry World.
Twitter: @sheldonbk
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whiteface

that's the problem.... first option is unavailable , you can't dump it in the bin. second option, it's not in the list.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

OK I'm not sure I understand. Does the icon flash when you press and hold it? After you get the icons flashing you want to let go and then touch again the top right corner of the icon. You're not trying to move it into a bin.

In BlackBerry World, you want to press the icon in the bottom left corner and choose My World then My Apps and Games. When the list at the top says Downloaded, you scroll down to the app you want to delete or uninstall. Then press and hold anywhere on the line except near where it says Open. You should now have more choices on the right including a garbage can in the bottom right corner.

Note there are some apps, like BBM, that you can't delete. If you can't delete it, then you won't see the garbage can on the icon in the first method.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whiteface

well that's i'm talking about. like bbm is like accuweather, undeleteable, still I want to get rid of it.  

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

Accuweather you should be able to delete.

I would try restarting your Z10. Press and hold the top button until it starts to count down. Then press the restart button in the bottom right corner.

If that doesn't work, then open BlackBerry World - scroll down from top edge of screen and choose Settings. Scroll down that page until you see a version number. Touch it and you will see that number flash. Close BlackBerry World and re-open it. See if you can use either method after that.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
whiteface

well that doesn't work at all. eventhough, if you delete some apps that come with the balckberry 10 software (dropbox, twitter,linkedn, foursquare and box which you can delete), you'll get it back with the software update. rubbish!!!

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
sheldonbk

Hopefully they'll add the ability to hide apps we don't use in a future update. Until then, I just created a folder "Hidden" and throw all apps that I don't want to see in there.
Please use plain text.