Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: vodafone

deletion

Over the last few months my fb,text messages, have gotten a huge list to scroll down as the message keeps piling on.
Is there any way to bulk remove them instead of choosing them individually or can I keep a setting to keep them only for a max days.
I feel that with the data filling up it may slow my phone.
Aa
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: deletion

At the top of each type of message in your HUB (email, facebook, texts, etc.), there's a date.  Press and hold the date at the top and a menu will pop out from the right.  At the very bottom of that menu is a garbage can icon.  Press that and everything from the selected date and older will disappear from your Hub.  If you don't want your newer messages deleted, scroll down to an earlier date and press and hold that one instead.

Let us know if that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Elite II

Oh, one more thing.  If you want to delete only selected messages and not every one, when you're in the Hub press the three dots (the overflow menu) in the bottom right then select Select More (the very bottom icon).  You then just press each message you want to delete and the Hub will keep all other ones intact.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: vodafone

Thanks a lot. I'm able to clear the texts, the calls, the hub in general as well, except that the fb is not getting cleared. Tried removing it from the hub and even then not happening
Elite II

I've noticed that on mine as well. Resetting the Hub sometimes helps. To do this, swipe down from the top right corner of your phone to the middle of the screen five times in a row. I've done that before and my Hub was free of Facebook messages after that.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

Elite II

Oops, forgot to mention something and I can't edit on mobile. You have to be in the Hub to do the reset.

Cheers again. :smileyhappy: