Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: WIND
Accepted Solution

device password

Hallo. Help me!! Sorry for my english.

I bought yesterday z10 e today I test functions of BB Protect.

I tried ringing and remote message. But after receiving the message remotely test the phone is locked ask me the device password.

I've never done choose this password.therefore i don't know. there is neither a default stored in the phone just bought?

I tried in vane with BB ID password, with PIN of Z10 models, with PIN of SIM. But I'm only consuming 5 of my 10 chances.

Can someone help me before permanently block my phone? And in the case happen as unlocking?

Thank's

New Contributor

Re: device password

The instructions say:
Screen lock and password

To prevent unauthorized use of your device, you must set a password.
The display settings allow you to protect and lock the device after a specified period of inactivity. You can also write a custom message that appears on the lock screen.
If you forget your password, you can retrieve it.

That's ok. But if you have never placed an initial password, what do you do?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

There is no way for us to know what the password is. If you enter the wrong password 10 times it will simply wipe the device of your data and be just as it was out of the box.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

ok john, but i never created a password.

If no password has been created, what can ask the system? exist also an initial pw?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

It's possible that using Protect you set a password on the device. I don't know how the password got there but if it's there then there is no way for anyone here to know what it is.

There is no "initial password" that comes on the device. Sorry, there is nothing anyone here can do.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

when I bought the phone of course there was no lock, nor I have I created any. Using BB protect the system has locked the phone asking me a pw but never entered. Maybe I've set up a system pw unknown.
If my phone must be wipe no problem as being new there were no data in it. It 'a task that I can do or should I take care?

Guru II

If there is no data, then simply enter the wrong password 10 times. The device will wipe and you can start over.

Somehow you set a password. I don't know how but you did. There is no "default" password that it sets. That would defeat the purpose of having a password.
New Contributor

Wow. Only data reset? no block final and complicated? So just go blank? No assistance for recovery?

I'm very happy for this. So I'll go finish the 10 possibilities, so to start from.
Thank you so much for your help.

New Contributor

...Security Wipe in Progress....

I will inform you how it will end

New Contributor

that's all OK. He full restart like new.

I'll just add some apps.

Thank you very much.