05-06-2013 01:11 PM
Anyone know how to fix the problem of .docx email attachments converting to winmail.dat on the Z10? I'm sending these as .docx, they display as .docx on Hub, but when I try to open them, they say winmail.dat and can't open.
Thanks for any assistance!
05-06-2013 02:20 PM
We have had this issue at work and tends to be an Outlook problem. Is that your email client?
Try sending the message with the attachment as plain text or RTF - see if that helps.
05-06-2013 04:22 PM
Yes, I am using Outlook. I tried sending it as an RTF, but still had the same problem. But, given your information that Outlook is the culprit, I sent directly from my email provider and it went through fine. Not the most direct solution, but it gets the job done. Thanks so much for the info!
05-08-2013 05:31 PM
Sending on RTF is the wrong option. You should actually send as HTML or TEXT. For mlre information on winmail.dat files check: What is winmail.dat
05-08-2013 05:41 PM
sometimes it can be a server issue, i had it with Exchange 2003 was sending all messages out in tnef
i posted a solution here