Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
Accepted Solution

email being held with WiFi on?

I have just started having problems with my Z10. First last Sat. my emails were not going out. They had a red circle with a white dash in it. Yesterday VZW had me delete my email account off my phone. Then we set it up again and all was well. Now when WiFi is on emails have a white circle with a clock like pic in it. Like the email is in Question. Never had this before, any way to change some thing to allow the email to go?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Retired
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: email being held with WiFi on?

Hi LCromwell,

Does this happen with all emails or just specific email accounts?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Is this your RR POP account?

if yes then you have set the SMTP server to use a mabile version which wont work on wifi as your ISP requires you to use their SMTP server when conencted to wifi.

this is an issue for many mobile devices as ISP dont usually support moile devices

Best to use a Outlok.com to fetch your emails from ISP then you can use it anywhere mobile or wifi

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Are we talking Outlook like in office 2007?
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

What's weird is it use to work fine for years and when I first started up the Z10 from my 9850.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Cpt_Sweatpants
Only have one email POP outlook express. Use TW RR thru Net gear dual.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

LCromwell wrote:
Are we talking Outlook like in office 2007?

no, Outlook.com is a free email service that works well on BB10

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

Can I just switch from my outlook express email address to this outlook.com email?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

[ Edited ]
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell

I got an email address update that works with my WiFi with RR. So right now problem solved,but I'm curious about outlook.com? Will this send me emails or do I have to go to the outlook.com site when I want to read my email?