Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
iwamas
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Umniah

email was working perfectly before the software update

[ Edited ]

my email was working perfectly before the software update.. now it doesn't send... it's not simply a configuration issue... it's an Issue with BB's latest software update

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: Z10 encoding issue in outgoing email

I agree. I run my own business in fact two business and I cannot be sending emails out from some half **bleep** address how professional does that look. Everything has worked perfect for 10 years and then I bought this piece of **bleep** called a Z10 and it even worked on it until the OS update.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
lesedwards
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: Z10 encoding issue in outgoing email

I just setup my email account on my Playbook it took a few seconds and I am up and going. What is BlackBerry doing doing that they could screw up something as important as mail.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: email was working perfectly before the software update

I feel sorry for you guys. Nothing wrong here with email. Works great
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ottjim
My Device: Z10 / Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Fido - Rogers

Re: email was working perfectly before the software update

Same problem here - from what I can determine, the problem seems to have started after software update. Service provider is Fido/Rogers, business email hosted with GoDaddy (smtp). Everything was fine initially, no reports of garbled emails.   

Blackberry has to get on this ASAP - I use my Z10 for my business and as of now, most recipients get html-laden garbage emails from me.  Some don't however - in some cases, the same email with multiple recipients have been received intact by one recipient, corrupted with html code and oddly-placed symbols by the other recipient.  I have yet to find a common factor as to who gets it clean and who doesn't.  Bottom line for now is, as much as I hate to say it, my Z10 has now become an expensive, useless brick.  :smileysad: Support and assistance from Fido/Rogers has been futile so far...

Looking for any ideas...

Please use plain text.