Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

encryption on z10??

how do i turn on encryption? 

on here it says: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/47561/als1342444399047.jsp

settings > security > encryption..

but i dont get that option.

does this exist? or is it going to? 

and why was it even removeD????

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: encryption on z10??

[ Edited ]

Hey,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums

If you go into Settings>Security and Privacy>Encryption, is this option available?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: playbook 32 and torch
My Carrier: rogers

I also do not have this option
Enterprise SME
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

The encryption settings will be enabled with a future update.

New Contributor

I also have the same issue on BB z10 on rogers in canada.  This option is visible in most review screenshots online.  Is this confirmed in an update or just rumors? If not, will need to switch back to BB7 and return this phone.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

When I first got my Z10 from the launch event in NY it had this option. However, after encountering some problems I reloaded the OS to the device. Now that option is gone. I don't really care since I didn't enable it anyway.

My guess is if there is an option that requires encryption to be off that the lack of an encryption setting means there is no encryption enabled on the device.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

firmfiasco wrote:

Is this confirmed in an update or just rumors?

Since a BlackBerry Tecnical Advisor just told you it would be in a future update, that is a pretty good confirmation.  It doesn't get much better since the BTA's are BlackBerry employees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

That's good to know, just started posting here because of this issue. BB has always been know for their security so for this option to be missing is shocking, especially after the time they put into the system.
New Contributor

Is there an ETA on this? I imagine it would be quite immediate as this is a "must-have" feature for long time BB users.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Is it possible that the option is removed when the device is forced to encrypt?
The BackBerry documentation seems to state that Z10 devices have the Work Data encrypted at all time and that the Personal Data can be encrypted through the Settings Option. But it is unclear in the documentation if this is built-in or if it requires BlackBerry Balance or Fusion.