Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: vodafone

enough with the negative, who loves their Z10? step up

I have had the phone since the release in the UK. I have Had my disappointments with it, and frustrations other people had experienced, coming from a 9900 BOLD. But now, I absolutely love it. Especially after the latest update. Of course it needs more work and bug fixing, but overall it is fantastic. I tried to use my wife's galaxy s3, and I have been trying to peek on it as it was something that all phones should be able to do, but I almost threw it out of the window. Pushing the home button is ice age. I love this phone, and I have 4 friends who also got it, and they too are deeply in love with it. I am obsessed with it.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: enough with the negative, who loves their Z10? step up

I am glad you started the post. I too have owned it since the launch here in Canada, and yes the first two days was frustrating to use because I kept trying to use it like my old Torch. I must say now after a month, it is truly the best phone out on the market. The features that I love, the most: The keyboard, the Hub, The multi-tasking wow, The browser, the speed and how smooth it is, the peek feature, the 3rd party apps that utilize the OS10 operating system, that how good an app can be on a smart phone. Hope other app manufactures start utilizing the features of the OS.

I bought my wife an IPhone 5 about the same time I picked up my z10 so I can justify my new toy.. Now that I play with both phones, I find it very slow compared to z10. The screen size is tiny compared to the z10, The iPhone is easier to use than the z10 when you first pick it up, it does have a better camera than the z10, but after a couple of days and learning how to do things, it becomes second nature.  

There is still lots of room for BB to make this a better phone and OS by adding some features that was clasic to BB and also fixing some of the bugs that have been reported. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I couldn't agree more. I use my Z10 for business and its the fastest phone I've used in my life although my bold 9900 was really fast, but here we have such a good browser, and I started to use it very often. I didn't use it on my bold as it was just too slow. One thing which I hope they change is the password screen. Should be big numbers! This would make the phone even more fast.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

How are you noticing the improvement with the latest update?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I agree with your comments about the browser, it is that good. I never used it on my old torch because the screen was too small and the speed was terrible. As a real estate broker, the phone is such an important part of my work and I need the browser. In the past I carried my laptop with me to browse sites that I use everyday and now I leave it at home and use my z10. The thing that made me buy the z10 was the flash support. Almost all my sites use flash and including my own web site.. This was important to me.

I have not upgraded to the new OS yet, it is suppose to be released on Thursday. I found that 99% of the little bugs went away for me after I did a system restore and started from scratch. There are a couple of minor things that I am looking for a fix in the new os.. . I found that device switch was cause of most of my problems. I have a work around to get my contacts and calendar from my desktop outlook and will use that until BB link supports USB sync. 

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

Same here. I had so many bugs after the device switch that I wanted to return the phone which I have been waiting for so long. After a few wipes and manual contacts through BT all the problems solved. When you update the software you will be amazed. The battery holds up to 50% longer. Camera is much much better. And some other things very much improved.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

I would recommend you to get the extra battery accessory from BlackBerry, it's very handy. It comes with a charging dock so you just swap the battery. Very easy.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen

I am looking forward to the zos upgrade. Have been checking daily for it.. It is nice that the camera takes better pictures in low light and improves the battery life and fixed a couple of the bugs. I did pick up the extra battery and case with it.. its a must thing to have with you.. My battery life is actually good, I can get through the day without plugging in the charger. But my two kids keep using my phone to play riptide and have it HDMI to my big 60inch plasma.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

Yeah that drains the battery for sure
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
eurokuzzik

Also a superb feature is the multiple language recognition on the keyboard. I write in English and Danish all day long. And not having to switch the language makes it so much easier.
Please use plain text.