Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
milanpj
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

error importing S/MIME certificates

Hi,

I got an email with 2 Certificates from my company. I need them for S/MIME. I tried to import them directly from the email. After entering the password I got the message that they were imported successfully.  

But I couldn't select/see them in the S/MIME settings. After checking the cert store over the device settings I noticed that the certificates haven't been imported.

If I try to import it over device settings->security and privacy->certificates as explained in the help app I get a red X and the message that 0 certificates were imported.

Has anyone an idea what's going wrong? Thx a lot.

Regards

Paul

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: error importing S/MIME certificates

Hey milanpj,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you currently setup on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server? Also what version of BlackBerry 10 device software are you running?  Go to Settings>About to get this information.

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
milanpj

[ Edited ]

Hi ViciousFerret,

Thx.

Yes the device is activated on a BDS Version 6.2.0 Bundle 45. The BB10 OS Version is 10.0.10.90. 

I have made some tests with other certificates today. Some of them could be imported direct from the email. 

And I could import all using an USB connection an the import function in the certificate setting by selecting Internet as certificate store.

But I am still not able to import the 2 S/MIME certs - none of the offered stores (wifi,vpn,internet,device) work and make sense. Get the red X and 0 certs imported everytime I try.

Regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Contributor
shah_jeet
My Device: Blackberry BB10

milanpj,

I am experiencing simliar issues. Were you ever able to resolve the problem? Also, you mentioned certain test certificates worked, could you describe more details about those certificates? Were they only ID certificates and were you able to view them in the Certificate Store under Security?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Enterprise SME
-BD-

Importing the certificate from an email is fine for SMIME certficates.  Please see if KB33984 applies.  The certificate needs to have Key Encipherment in the Key Usage field to be selectable in the SMIME settings.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
milanpj

Thank you. We will have a look at this.

Please use plain text.