Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jemble2
My Device: Z10

facebook contact help

Hello!! I am new to blackberry and was wondering how I can unlink my Facebook from my phone contacts. Any help would be appreciated!!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: facebook contact help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Go into the Contacts App. Swipe down from the top. Select Settings. Change those selections to what you wish to display in your Contacts.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jemble2

Thank you for the input, unfortunately I do not see unlink Facebook from contacts any other ideas would be great! Loving the phone so far other than this minor annoyance :smileytongue:.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Then I'm not at all clear on exactly what you are desiring to do. Those "sliders" on that screen control what sources of data are presented to you in your Contacts app. There also is a check box for enhanced information ("Find More Contact Details").

I think, from merely the words "unlink Facebook from contacts", I am not understanding your desire.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jemble2

New Contributor
jemble2

Sorry for my vague description. My contacts Facebook pictures show up in my phone contacts and their facebooks are linked to there cell phone number. For instance when I click on X's contact information a picture is displayed next to his name and I can click on it and it will take me to his Facebook page.

I would like it so my Facebook is not connected to my phone contacts at all.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

As far as I can tell, you cannot. The device will auto-search every integrated service (e.g., Twitter, LinkedIn, FaceBook, email accounts, etc.) and auto-link any for which it finds firm matches. For example, if you have John Smith in your Contacts and you also have a John Smith friended in FaceBook, then the FaceBook information will show in John's Contact List entry on your device (as a "convenience", I'd think).

It will still be only your primary contact list entries, but each entry will have additional details auto-populated if there are any matches found in those other services. As far as I can tell, there is no way to keep that from happening.

One by one, you can unlink things...but that of course would be quite tedious. If you remove the integration of your FaceBook from the device, that will likely keep those additional details from appearing in your Contact List. I actually suspect that the additional data (e.g., pulled from FaceBook) is not technically "stored" in your Contact List entry but rather dynamically pulled to it (so that changes made elsewhere can be properly reflected in your Contact List entry).

The point behind it goes back to John Smith. You want to contact him for some reason, and you bring up your Contact List entry for him...and you get to choose which service through which to contact him.

I understand that you don't want this...but as far as I can tell, it is WAD -- Working As Designed.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
jemble2

Thank you! Upsetting iphone offered an option to keep it unlinked but BlackBerry does not. However, this will not ruin my positive experience with the phone thus far . . praying for an update for this however haha!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are welcome!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates