Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
foxforce5
My Carrier: telus

facebook pictures

How do you save pictures from facebook??  I am trying to use one from my own photo album to use as my BBM profile pic.  Seems to be no way to save, send, etc pics from facebook.  TIA

Please use plain text.
SensChirp
My Carrier: Telus

Re: facebook pictures

Having the same issue. Feels like something that would be fairly simple but all the swiping, poking and sliding is doing nothing for me.  Anyone?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
deviance
My Carrier: Three UK

I don't think there is a way to do it with the App. I had to go thru the browser to actually save the photo I wanted. *sigh*

Hopefully they'll fix that in the next update of the app.

~d.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
MikeScully
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just wondering if anyone has figured out how to move pictures around from album to album ?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Carrier: Bell

I tried this also on my Z10, I couldn't do it. I also tried on my wifes Iphone 5, same thing. But if you sign on to facebook through the browser instead of the Facebook App. then it works.  

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Carrier: Bell

Foxforce,

I beleive the next version of Facebook App will have this feature, A lot of people complained about it for the Iphone and Android Phones. I see a new version rolling out on the Iphone 5 soon..  

A temporary solution is when in facebook app, bring up the picture and zoom to fit screen and Press Volume Up and Volume Down button at the same time, it will take a screen capture of the picture 1280x768 resolution.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alhashmi247
My Carrier: EE

On the iPhone you open the picture press & hold on the picture and an option appears save picture, moving pictures from album to album easy too. Hope they can sort this on Z10 soon
Please use plain text.
Developer
asiayeah
My Carrier: Smartone

[ Edited ]

We have developed a 3rd party application, Photo Siege (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/18560903), which allows you to download FaceBook photos on Z-10 or BB10. It allows you to download a whole photo album at a time. You could either download a 960px or 2048px resolution photos. You are very welcome to give it a try.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
judy631951
My Carrier: Verizon

Have you tried holding down for volume up and down buttons simultaneously when the photo is in full size view? The phone makes a shutter sound if it captures the photo.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
judy631951
My Carrier: Verizon

Have you tried holding down for volume up and down buttons simultaneously when the photo is in full size view? The phone makes a shutter sound if it captures the photo. Oh, I don't use the fb app but go directly through my browser.
Please use plain text.