Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
floater81
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

fatter phone for better battery

For the love of sweet mercifull baby jesus, give me a battery that lasts through the day!!!!!!!!
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: fatter phone for better battery

I heard the new OS update improve battery life, Did you update yet??

Maybe try buying a : http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_US/pd/productID.265402200/categoryID.61654500

Please use plain text.
Contributor
floater81
My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

I use the phone a lot on the Internet because its got a great browser but that being said it should last a whole day at least no matter how much I use it and yes I did the update
Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

but than again fatter battery means fatter phone? lol..
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

I don't know of any device that will last an entire day "no matter how much you use it."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I added the new update. The battery is lasting longer. It's obvious they tweaked the OS coding to be more efficient. I also noticed some performance improvement for overall functions. My phones are on BELL Mobility.
Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
frenettem
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 - STL100-3
My Carrier: Bell Canada

[ Edited ]

I got the charger with a spare battery at Future Shop for $40 (I had a $10 coupon - regular price is $50).  I often switch batteries 2 or 3 times a day.  It's not much of  a problem for me now, plus gives a lot of flexibility because I never have to have my phone plugged in.  If I am going out, I just slip the charger with battery in it in my pocket and switch batteries if the one in the phone runs out.  Then I plug the charger in when I get home, or into a USB on my computer if I am at work.  Plus, if I am on a call and my battery is low, I can just plug the built-in USB cable on the charger to my phone, and the spare charged battery charges my phone.  Works like a charm!

I delayed getting the charger/battery because of the cost, but it's so well designed I'm glad I coughed up the $40.

At least the battery is not built in and inaccesible.  That gives flexibility.  My son's iPhone is always on a charger.  It's like having a wired phone, and who needs that?

Please use plain text.