Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
jasonco
My Device: BB Z10

few bugs

Having a few issues with my new Z10.
1) some times I can't send a picture through text message. It tries to sens over and over and then it fails. Got to reboot once or twice for me to be able to send a picture.
2) sometimes when I click on a new email it does not show it instead I stay on the same screen and the email is now marked as read.
3) my notification for a new voice mail stays even after I listened to it or even after I deleted it. And if I try to delete the notification, nothing happens.
Can anybody help me with these issues pls?
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: few bugs

What you are experiencing doesn't sound normal, for your items 1 & 2.. You might want to consider doing a factory restore and start from scratch. For the Voicemail message, there is somekind of bug and Blackberry is aware of it. I had my message for about 2 weeks, until I did a factory restore with BB link and problem went away.  Bell is suppose to update the OS on the 7th, maybe that would resolve your issues. But I would seriously consider doing a fresh start.  Copy your current contacts to your SIM card so when you restore, you don't have to do a device swich to copy your contacts again.   

New Contributor
jasonco
My Device: BB Z10

Thanks Arsen. I hope the factory restore fixes these issues. I also experienced the issue where text messages are mixed up ( text messages from somebody under somebody else's conversation.) very disappointing. Looking forward to the 7th then, was also a big disappointment that bell didn't have an update for the software yet.
Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

From my experience, I had a couple of weird issues when I got my phone. I think a lot of these problems happen when you do a device switch from old phone to new and not all the settings get transfered properly. When I did my factory restore with bb link, it did download an update, even though it had the same update number after I installed it, but all my problems went away. I also found my phone to be twice as fast navigating around, everything seems to pop now. When bell releses the update on Thursday, I will again do another system restore then let the phone pull the update from bell then this way there are no issues. My emails get pulled down from the server. My BBM contacts automatically come back when I sign on to BB. My contacts are on my sim card now, so I don't have to do a device transfer. Currently I sync contacts with .vcard (email to my phone or copy to my sd card) from my outlook. Can't wait for BB to release BB link with USB outlook sync.