Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

dagwood
My Carrier: telus

hands free voice command voice recgnition,

I had a Torch phone and used it on my handsfree in my toyota tacoma.It was fantastic.

Now i have the z10 and hands free voice command always misunderstand my commands to dial a contact. How do i train this phone to recognoise my voice. I have a british/south african accent. Its a nightmare using this phone and I am trying to be patient with it. Also activating the hands free in the car, there is a intermitted pause in between commands . The hands free is not smooth compared to the old torch. This is a big function for me. If I cannot solve this, I rather buy a different phone that works. In Canada,BC ,its illigal to use a cell phone while driving unless its hands free. The cops are snicky and hiding on street corners.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: hands free voice command voice recgnition,

I read that the Z10 voice command system can learn from you, but I don't really know how.

Maybe you can look into this third party app:
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20384595/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
JosephI
My Carrier: TELUS

I'm also from BC and sympathize.

Before the Z10, I had a Torch 9860 and before that, a 9800.  With the 9860 and 9860, I used Vlingo (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/720/?countrycode=CA).

I liked it a lot because it was able to cope with my heavy accent.  What set it apart is how it learned my speech profile.

Whenever I use it, it converts what it hears to editable text and gives you the option to type the correct words.  So it forms some sort of a map of the syllables you speak as long as your corrected text corresponds word for word with what you said to it.  After just a week, it was able to recognize what I say 95% of the time.

I've fired off an email to their support requesting them to support BB10 devices.  Don't know though if they'll listen  since they're now part of Nuance.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Nuance is the software used in the Voice Command in BlackBerry 10, so I guess somehow one day they will merge the two technologies (Nuance on one side and VLingo on the other side).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.