Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Visitor
oldbold
My Device: z 10 and bold 9000
My Carrier: none

how to import adressbook from a OS 4 Bold 9000

How Do I get m adressbook froh my old Bold 9000 to the Z10???
BlackBerry Link does not react If Bold is connected to the macbook.
If i access the Bold from the macbook I ca get docs and pics but not the adress book.
If I connect both BlackBerrys via Bluetooth it pretends to send the adresse book but:
Bold says 800 Adresse sent, Z10 says 1 vcf recieved.And only shows the first entry.nothing else.
The Bold is a OS 4.6
Guys,I did not switch to Android but waited for your Z10 also TO AVOID SUCH TROUBLE.
Any advice?
Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: how to import adressbook from a OS 4 Bold 9000

Hello oldbold, 

Welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about your issue. The reason your BlackBerry Bold 9000 is not being detected by BlackBerry Link is because the BlackBerry Link software only supports BlackBerry Device Software 5.0 and higher. If you are going to get this to work you will need to update the BlackBerry Bold 9000 software.

The first thing you will want to do is install the BlackBerry Desktop Software for Mac which can be downloaded here: 

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/desktop-mac.html

Once you have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed you can then complete a backup of your BlackBerry Bold 9000. Now that you have the backup created you can follow the steps listed here:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/install-mac.html#/h:/support/apps-and-software/in... 

to reload/update your software.

Once this is done and you have version 5.0 or higher on your device you can then restore your data to the BlackBerry Bold 9000 and then you can use the BlackBerry Link software to do the device switch from the Bold 9000 to the BlackBerry Z10. 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.