Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
bllizzard
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

how to save new contact from phone app to ms outlook work account instead of local contact

Hi,

I need some help please.

I usually save new numbers that call me from the phone app, I just hit "add to contacts".

I keep all of my contacts on my work microsoft outlook account so they are synced with my work, I have absolutely no local contacts on the phone.

My Z10 saves these contacts directly as local contacts instead of saving them on my work account.

However, if I go to the phonebook app, and select add new contact from there, I have the option to select whether it's a personal or a work contact. If I select work contact, it will save it to my work outlook and everything's fine, however when saving from the phone app I don't have this option.

I don't understand what I'm doing, wrong, please help on how to save to work account directly from phone app.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: how to save new contact from phone app to ms outlook work account instead of local contact

Hey bllizzard,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry 10 software are you currently using?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

When in the phone application and press and hold a number, choose add to contacts.  Then click Add contact at the bottom, at the very top you'll have a choice to choose Personal or Work.  Choose Work if you want the contact saved to your work email account.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bllizzard

Re: how to save new contact from phone app to ms outlook work account instead of local contact

Hello,

I am runnign  10.0.10.82 on an STL100-1.

Yes, however : 

- when I create a new contact from the contacts app, I have the option to select personal or work at the top of the screen (see attachment) https://www.box.com/shared/static/tadfo3dq7u2wpsv9h75p.png

- when I create a new contact from the phone app, long press on number -> add to contacts, this option is not available (see attachment)  https://www.box.com/shared/static/nkbhmm4ch3f3bs2d3u66.png

Since most of my new contacts are created from the phone app, I am unable to save them to my work account, i have to manually copy the phone number somewhere then go to contacts, create new contact, select work, then save. Defeats the purpose of the "add to contacts" feature from the phone app.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bllizzard

So, does my version have a bug ?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey bllizzard,

Thanks for the quick reply.

After looking at the version of software, this issue will be resolved in a later software build.  

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bllizzard

Is this issue resolved in 10.1 or it was just taken into account and it will be resolved in a later version ?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bllizzard

sorry but this is still an issue for my version of software, I can't accept this as a solution. What version of software will this be fixed ?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bllizzard

Ok so today I got the 10.1 official update and the issue is fixed.

Someone from blackberry should have said this is getting fixed and in what version.

Please use plain text.