Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
dominique_z10
My Device: z10
My Carrier: bell

i got 99 problems and...

Hi, here are a few problems, for those I can remember :

Applications : now I've been reading a lot about why many applications that were available on bberry torch or bold (shazam, whatsapp, etc.) are not on the z10 and I get pretty mad when I read it's developpers' fault. When you upgrade your phone and you stay loyal to a company, you expect to have at least the same things you had if not better. If blackberry can't manage to make those BASIC applications available, they're just laughing at us. I've been lied to when I asked if the applications I had on my torch will be available and I've been told that yes.

Transfering data : I spent 2h30 on the phone with bberry support just to transfer the data of my torch to the z10, for someone who uses its phone for work also, it's a pretty big waste of my time.

Calendar : I have to keep using my old cellphone since I can't schedule anything on the z10. When i want to add a new event, as soon as i try to set up the hour, the application closes and it keeps doing the same thing everytime...

Notifications : I'd say that i get half of the notifications for emails that come in my mail box. For example, I've received a couple of notifications for new email on my phone (let's say 5), then, 1 hour later, I can get through my mails and realize that I received 5 more earlier today for which I had no notifications and that just appeared like that.... same things for facebook, I'd say that I receive half of the notifications and I have to go on my computer to really see if someone replied to a message, etc.

I still can't find how to copy and paste informations on the web (like copying a phone number, or receipe from a web site...) i'd like to know how, and can't understand why it's so complicated....

I didn't find how to close the different webpages I've opened.

I don't know if it's the same thing in English, but in the French version of my phone, it is completly impossible to find the PIN code. I go in ''paramètres'' (settings), the 11th choice ''securité et confidentialité'' in French says right under ''password, PIN code...'' so you click on it and I swear to God that it's nowhere. I managed to find it in bberry messenger... but I mean... something basic like the PIN code that can't be found in the settings...

The auto-correct keeps suggesting me words in plural, it's a detail but it's ennoying.

I find the phone real snow when it comes to orientation.The Torch was 10x faster and reacted really good to movement. I litterally have to shake the z10 to flip it horizontally...

I still didn't managed to set up my professionnal email address so I can use bberry Balance but since I didn't tried very hard, compared to the other problems below, I'll try not to complain about it appart from the fact that in the ''how to'' of the bberry website, telling us to scroll down to get to the professionnal part of the phone, helps in nothing.

I guess it's useless to end up with : I am really disappointed with the z10. oops, just said it.

P.S.: don't tell me they'll fix things when there's gonna be updates, i don't want to be patient, I have no time for that, i chose bberry over android and iphone cause i thought it was the best for professionnal people. got it wrong.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: i got 99 problems and...

dominique_z10 wrote:
Transfering data : I spent 2h30 on the phone with bberry support just to transfer the data of my torch to the z10, for someone who uses its phone for work also, it's a pretty big waste of my time.
I got you beat by 2 hours,... 4.5 for me on the support call

Calendar : I have to keep using my old cellphone since I can't schedule anything on the z10. When i want to add a new event, as soon as i try to set up the hour, the application closes and it keeps doing the same thing everytime...

I haven't see that bug. Have you rebooted the Z10 through a powered on battery pull reboot?

I still can't find how to copy and paste informations on the web (like copying a phone number, or receipe from a web site...) i'd like to know how, and can't understand why it's so complicated....

For a phone number, or longer text, I touch with two different fingers and you should have created for you a selection text area. Once the area you want copied is highlighted in blue, touch and hold and the choose COPY from the side bar

I didn't find how to close the different webpages I've opened.

In the Browser at the bottom left you should see a small square with either nothing in it (if you only have one browser page open) a numeral of the number of webpages you have open like this. [3]. Touch that square and select all or which specific pages to close.

I don't know if it's the same thing in English, but in the French version of my phone, it is completly impossible to find the PIN code. I go in ''paramètres'' (settings), the 11th choice ''securité et confidentialité'' in French says right under ''password, PIN code...'' so you click on it and I swear to God that it's nowhere. I managed to find it in bberry messenger... but I mean... something basic like the PIN code that can't be found in the settings...

In English, I go to Settings > About (the top choice) and then Category > Hardware. PIN is on the first line.

Or, in any text entry area like an email, type "mypin" followed by a space.

I find the phone real snow when it comes to orientation.The Torch was 10x faster and reacted really good to movement. I litterally have to shake the z10 to flip it horizontally...
My Torch was never faster at anything, other than depleting memory.

dominique_z10 wrote:

P.S.: don't tell me they'll fix things when there's gonna be updates, i don't want to be patient, I have no time for that, i chose bberry over android and iphone cause i thought it was the best for professionnal people. got it wrong.

Perhaps trying those things mentioned above will enlighten you somewhat and make your experience somewhat better. Don't be afraid to come and ask questions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

dominique_z10 wrote:

Go to your Settings->Accounts and select Set Default accounts from the bottom bar.  Change the default calendar to be something other than GMail.  KB33621

Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominique_z10

Thank you for helping.
I still have problems with my notifications and email...
The copy and paste doesn't work at all... I keep using two fingers and trying to touch the screen different ways but it keeps zooming in and out only... Nothing becomes highlighted in blue...
To close webpages, i already tried before by touching the small squear in the left down corner but I can see it stays open with all the other pages i opened previsouly.
I can't find the PIN code in the settings and if i type ''mypin'' followed by a space or not, it finds nothing...
I managed to fix the calendar by changing the default calendar to be something other than Gmail...
so really, I have only 1 thing solved right here... :smileysad:(((( but thanx anyway... what a pain this phone...
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

I cannot get the two finger selection method to work either.

Touch and hold the text then use the finger pads to change the size of the selection area or push and hold the selection to bring up the context menu on the right and chose select all from it, if it is available in the area you ate selecting in. :smileyhappy:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
-BD-

[ Edited ]

dominique_z10 wrote:
Thank you for helping.
I still have problems with my notifications and email...
The copy and paste doesn't work at all... I keep using two fingers and trying to touch the screen different ways but it keeps zooming in and out only... Nothing becomes highlighted in blue...
To close webpages, i already tried before by touching the small squear in the left down corner but I can see it stays open with all the other pages i opened previsouly.
I can't find the PIN code in the settings and if i type ''mypin'' followed by a space or not, it finds nothing...
I managed to fix the calendar by changing the default calendar to be something other than Gmail...
so really, I have only 1 thing solved right here... :smileysad:(((( but thanx anyway... what a pain this phone...

It sounds like you are just going through the learing curve of a new OS.

You can find your pin in Settings->About and then drop down the box and select Hardware (Parametres Systeme->A propos de->Materiel).  I just flipped my language to French and the shortcut is monpin rather than mypin for the autosubstitute.

To select use 1 finger and press and hold your finger where you want the selection to start.   It will start by selecting the word, then the line, then the paragrah and so on depending on how long you hold for.  There will also be blue circles you can drag to assist with the selection.

To close tabs in the browser press the bottom left button (2 overlapping squares) and this will open up a menu with all of your current tabs. Press the X on the right of the tab you want to close.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Actually, it sounds like you have closed all of the browser windows and you may be looking at the currently viewed web pages which is the default 'home page' if you haven't setup a home page.

See this post, it sounds like what you are seeing. :smileyhappy:

Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dominique_z10

Thanx, this was really usefull :smileyhappy:
i can't still close though webpages with what you said. of course it closes the page when i press on the X but then it takes me to all the other pages i've opened before and I see the page i closed is still there...
anyway, this was very usefull.
for the applications, again, i don't think it belongs to me to ask the developers. blackberry should make sure that he can provide the minimum and the same services he used to give his clients before. which means whatsapp, shazam, etc., should be available.
Please use plain text.
-BD-

See waht Drewread wrote.  It does sound like you are looking at the default home screen of the browser and assuming they are all tabs.  If you select one of them or enter a URL do they all go away?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

You can setup a home page of your chosing as well, would you like a step by step on that? Read # 6 in this post here to setup a home page of your chosing. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.