Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
DirkSonguer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: O2 Germany

Re: imap / smtp error - no attachment when send email

Unfortunately I have the same problem with some mail providers: When sending a mail without an attachment or just a text attachment (vcf) it works. As soon as I have a binary attachment, it doesn't.

United Internet SMTP: Does not work

Google Mail: Does work

I tried some combinations of server and client setting, but nothing worked. Come on, BlackBerry, please fix this.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
powmax
My Device: Z10

For me:

smtp.1und1.de : Does not work with binary / mixed data (Protocol Layer Error, but works on PlayBook)

mail.gmx.net : Does work

regards

powmax

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GSHoek
My Carrier: mobilcom

My provider are German Telekom and 1und1. The biggest problem is that I cannot follow up email communication by responding to an incoming email. If this email is longer than just a sentence or two the response fails. In a summary the benefit of a blackberry has got lost. My 9800 worked always perfectly. Also I miss heavily the old fashioned push service because I now more or less disconnected when I am traveling. I do not understand why progress means to copy bad things. The current Z10 does things not better than an Iphone but misses the advantages of the old approach. Please fix at least the current issue ASAP.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwkdf
My Carrier: Telefonica o2 Germany

Hei folks

Unfortunately I have the same problem:

BB Z10, 1und1, IMAP, no outgoing email.

I am syncing two emailaccounts with my phone. 1und1 and strato. With the strato account everything is fine, but the 1und1 account does not work properly. when I want to answer or forward an email via the 1und1 account there appears a red sign with the message "protokollebene konnte nachricht nicht senden" (protocol layer can not send message).

I had several phone calls with the o2-support but they cannot help me.

When I choose a email contact out of the adress book I can send emails via the 1und1 account. But when I want do send an attachment with the email it does not work.

It seems that the remote machine and die Z10 do not communicate in the same language :Oops:

I tried to delete and re-install the IMAP account several times but it does not work.

Please, Blackberry: fix that bug!

thx

Martin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GSHoek

I must admit that I getting frustrated and disappointed about the service. We even do not get an answer whether the problem will sorted out. Apparently blackberry failed to consult with the telephone providers. Thus continuous access to Internet and emails is also not possible. I need to buy access country by country. But this does not work via WLAN. Please help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mwkdf
My Carrier: Telefonica o2 Germany

Hei!

Does anyone out there know if Blackberry works to fix the problem? My provider 1und1 does not know about these problems.

How does it go on?

Best regards

Martin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GSHoek

I conclude that RIM is either unable or unwilling to sort it out. It is a pity. You frustrate your very few fellows. Helping the community should be your policy. Hopefully a lot of potential blackberry purchaser will be warned to buy a Z10.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GSHoek

BlackBerry does not intend to help since we asked them to do something without any answer.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gafpilot
My Carrier: t-mobil

I switched to ms exchange...now everything works, however it is a bit frustrating knowing that BlackBerry and 1und1 do not work well together...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
GSHoek

There is an additional issue. My clients receive broken words and signs which I did not use in my emails. Also I receive emails where some letters are missing or replaced by strange letters. Still there is the issue that I cannot send answers to incoming emails and that I am unable to attach attachments. Please sort it out ASAP since it seems that neither 1und1 nor my telephone provider Mobil com who is still promoting blackberry Z10 are responsible for this error. I am more and more frustrated.
Please use plain text.