Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
tuvi
My Device: z 10

internet settings?

hi,

i recieved the Z10 a week ago. internet was working good,

yesterday i mooved to a diferent mobile supplier , and since then i dont have internet.

the mobile supplier company doesnt know how to solve the problem....

when i use the sim card on other phone, such as Samsung galaxy s3, everything works fine.

are they any settings need to be done?

thanks

Tuvi

Trusted Contributor
Adam8
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: internet settings?

Hello tuvi,

You will likely want to make sure your BlackBerry device is unlock from the original carrier it was purchased from or “branded” to. Your original carrier may be able to provide a "MEP Unlock Code" for the device or something like that. You will need to discuss this with your previous carrier as there could a charge or it may not be possible to unlock the device at all.

Next I would make sure your new carrier is applying the correct data services for your BlackBerry device. I would ask the service provider representative if they are putting a BlackBerry 10 data plan on your service agreement. If they are using a regular data service plan for your BlackBerry it will likely not get data services at all.

This happened to myself, I asked my carrier if they could put a smaller cheaper data plan on my service agreement because I wasn’t using much data at the time. What they did was put a regular data service plan on my service agreement and the BlackBerry dots went away on my BlackBerry device. I could put the SIM into a different device and get data but my BlackBerry couldn’t.

I called my carrier back and they told me that I could NOT have the data plan that was applied by the other carrier representative to save me money because it was not a BlackBerry Data Service Plan. So my carrier put BlackBerry Services back on my service agreement and I was able to get BlackBerry Dots again (My BlackBerry could “Phone Home to BlackBerry” once again because it had BlackBerry Services).

Also I would try to connect to a Wifi Local Network and see if you can access the internet from that and get “BlackBerry Dots”.