Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
hakunamatata
My Device: 8350i

Re: is this the worst blackberry?

Oh, I am afraid of reading such reviews. I thought of buying a new Z10 replacing my old Blackberry model.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pjellicoe
My Device: z10

I wouldnt if I were to do it over again.
The touch screen is buggy, and I am getting a lot of freezes, particularly the camera.
Am interested to know why, if it was so extensively tested, there are so many bugs/issues.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
colpart
My Device: Z10

Is it the worst ever? I can't answer that as I have only had 2 previous Blackberry's but I can certainly vouch for the fact that it is a long way from being the 'finished article'.

It has so many bugs and glitches it is untrue. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone at this time.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
GranReviewsmo
My Device: Z10 STL-100

Its not the worst blackberry ever, (I think the Bold 6 gets that distinction) but its not a great phone, it doesn't do anything better than the 9900 (which I miss terribly) or its main competitors (iPhone, S3, HTC One etc).

The Z10 tried to do too much with contacts and ended up breaking something that didn't need fixing, my contacts are all muddled up or missing, numbers saved with the international prefix do not show names when dialling or recieving calls, facebook contact photos override your other settings even when deselected in the contacts app.

Migrating from the 9900 to this phone was a terrible 5 hour experience, involving copying phone contacts to local Outlook then copying to Hotmail before I could get them on the Z10. Since then my contacts have not been the same (in a bad way).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CeeXTwo
My Device: White Z10

Posts like this are frustrating on so many levels.
BlackBerry isn't is the business of managing expectations, you have to do that yourself. If you set them too high then you're bound to be disappointed with a device running software built from the ground up.
They are aware of your issues and many others and are being addressed, but it takes time. The Bold 9900/30 suffered from many issues and look at it now.
If BlackBerry doesn't address them (and they will) then you may have a point that it's destined to be the worst phone ever. But even at this point I think it's far from that. And indeed destined to be the BEST phone ever.
Also, keep in mind they haven't removed anything...it just hasn't been put back yet.

I guess you'll have to wait and see.
I suggest you install the maintenance updates as they are released and monitor the progress.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pjellicoe
My Device: z10

That's great, but does anyone have an idea how long it will? This is not about expectations, the bugs and problems are well documented. It is not as good as previous BBS and far from its rivals. Why would they release a phone when they know they still have to put things back?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tradernick
My Device: prospective Z10!

[ Edited ]
CeeX, posts like yours are in turn frustrating for us. This isn't a matter of us setting expectations too high. BBRY set them that high by coming with a super-premium priced phone and sitting down at the big table. I just don't get all these people who say 'its a new OS' and 'look at the first iPhone, it didn't even have cut and paste'. Sorry, it's not 2006. The market expects near perfection and if you want to compete, that's what you'd better bring. Over at CB, there are people with all sorts of problems. They are multiply reported, not the work of Z10 bashers. I have been a BBRY fan longer than most and was forced away from the platform. I want the Z10 to be huge for them but I personally can't buy one because of all the issues the phone is facing. I need my phone for business and just as an example, the 30 day email limit makes it impossible to use. If I had bought the phone and faced the SMTP email bug, I would have been a very unhappy camper. At $650, I'm not a a beta tester.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
colpart
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

If this type of post frustrates you, I can assure you that the Z10 frustrates me just as much. I want to like the phone and I do in so many ways but as I said in my earlier post - I couldn't recommend it yet.

I take your point about development and I am quite willing to put up with some discomfort for being an 'early adopter' but for me, the biggest differentiator with a Blackberry over its rivals was how it handled email. The Z10 has less useable email functionality that my previous BB. Now why would they build a system which deletes email from the server without asking you first?

Yes, I know 'they are working on it' but by the looks of many of the messages on here, they are working on lots of things and as a small business it is at best inconvenient.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bmanley
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

Not sure about doing a reset, not sure if I could get it loaded back up. Took 3 times to get my contacts in here the first time might lose them all together this time. Thinking of just going back to the 9900. Was going to look at swapping for the Q but still not sure.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davidrogersbbz10
My Device: blackberry z10 d609 stl100-3

I returned it a week ago, many apps dont work properly in this phone, and i agree with pjellicoe, this phone was rushed to the market, it has too many bugs that i haven't seen in other phone platforms. You pay more than 500 for a phone that is inferior to other OS like android or Windows phone, just to use the basic in a phone (not smarphone as it supposed to be) because the "powerful hardware and new OS" just simply do not work as promised.

Please use plain text.