Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: blackberry z10

led light indicator not working properly

hey there . i have got blacberry z10 and the red led light dont work properly, when i get msg or email bbm etc  it works iff the screen is locked but when i ulock the device it stops working, what i mean is that the led light dont flash anymore, but when i bought this phone which was last week it was working fine, i even reseted it few times but still the same, it stops flashing even if i didnt view the msg and somtimes i cant even see the red cross on the icon of the apps

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: led light indicator not working properly

I'm pretty sure it's normal behavior when you unlock the device the LED stops flashing.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

i dont think so

i dont think so becuase when i buyed it first it wasnt like this. the red light was normal but now i dont know what has happend to it!:smileysad:

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: i dont think so

That's exactly how mine works. If the red light is flashing the light stops as soon as I begin to swipe up to unlock the device. Your Z10 is functioning normally.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Reok

urm but mine was not like this from the start, was yours like this when you bought your phone??

Guru I
John_Clark

It's always been that way. Trust me, it's normal.
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

John_Clark wrote:
It's always been that way. Trust me, it's normal.

Mine work the same a John_Clarke, and it has been like that since I got the Z10, on the very first day that it was made available in Canada (2013/02/05)

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin