Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

brendy
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: telus
Accepted Solution

loading a mobile banking app

trying to upload my royal bank mobile app and it reads this divice does not support it?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: loading a mobile banking app

Explain in more detail what you are doing. The Z10 only supports apps from BBWorld. There is a "sideloading" procedure where you can install .bar files that are meant for Playbook or Z10 (not really supported by BlackBerry but are usually used for development purposes.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
brendy
My Device: bbz10
My Carrier: telus

Thanks...you are correct it is not a bb app.  I am browsing to find my mobile banking site and tried to upload it.  (as i did for my 9800)  It is there but reads this divice does not support it.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I still don't understand what you're trying to do. Are you just trying to access the bank's website using the browser? You won't be able to "install" anything other than from BBWorld or sideloading a converted for BB Android app.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

rbc has an app for the bb.  it is not there for bb10. period. it worked great on my bold but I cant get it, Scotia or TD for the z10.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If it's not in BBWorld you'll have to wait. You can look through the list of Android apps available for Playbook and BB10 here:

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/

They are a little more complicated to load. If they're not available in either place you'll need to pressure your bank to make it available for BB10.
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
ExchangeVeteran
My Device: Bold9900, Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

I cant express how shocked I am at how these uys have fumbled the ball.  The cdn bank were their firts big enterprise customers, with me among them.  

the z 10 is very disappointing.  I m going back to the bold + my Sammy Note.

Please use plain text.
natalie216
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

None of the Canadian banks have apps that support the Z10 yet.  However, you can access their web log in by using the browser and going to the bank's home page, choose the web log in option, put in your debit card info then bookmark the page.  Then you have option of sending that bookmark to your Home page.  It will set up an icon on your Home page of your Z10 so that when you click on it, it will go straight to the log in page for your web banking.

I did this with all of my bank accounts and drag and dropped them into one folder I named "banking"  They're not apps, but you can still do your web banking on your Z10 and it's just as seamless.  Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

You cannot expect every single app out there to be available on a brand new device. Contact your bank and find out if they are planning to make it available.

Is there an android app available?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

If you can be specific about the name of the bank and the Android app, I can see if it will convert.
Please use plain text.