Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

kbharat13
My Device: Z10

mails getting deleted from z 10 inbox

Moment my mails i downloaded on my desktop all mails from my z10 inbox is deleted , can you pl help ,

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Re: mails getting deleted from z 10 inbox

Z10 is reflecting what is on the server, if you pull off the emails with outlook they will not show on the z10.

Switch to I MAP access on both machines for total reconciliation between devices if possible, or set outlook to leave emails other server for 90 days (maximum z10 retention time) if only able to access with POP.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

Unless this is another dreaded "BB deletes all my email from the server completely" bug.

Forums Advisor III
drewread

Read the OPs post. It is his desktop pulling them from the server as he states.

If you have an issue with the deletes, start a new thread. :smileyhappy:
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
Trusted Contributor
misterblank

The grammar in the original posters post leaves room for question.

I have been involved with other threads regarding my issues.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-10-Smartphone/OMG-My-Q10-has-just-deleted-...

The phantom deleting is a problem within the realm of possibilities regarding this topic and with the questionable grammar of the original poster it's best they are informed of any un-obvious issue(s).

There's also no indication of what type of email account they are working with leaving assumption as the only way to troubleshoot the issue.

Kbharat13, what kind of email account are you working with? What kind of desktop mail client are you working with?

Forums Advisor III
drewread

By saying that he downloads the mails to his desktop he indicates that he is using POP, as neither IMAP and EAS 'download' anything from the server :smileywink:

Trusted Contributor
misterblank

[ Edited ]

Drewread, while you are probably correct with your assumption that Kbharat13 is using POP, the point is even with a limited amount of protocols for mail, you still need all the elements of the equation before you can accurately resolve an issue.  You also need to take into consideration the tech level of the end user, their ability to accurately describe a problem, and in this case there's also a language barrier. AND there is an issue with the blackberry hub erasing email from the server if it's been downloaded or not.

Kbharat13 if you're still there please continue.