Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z10
My Carrier: telus

maps

After the most recent OS update my maps don't work! How do I fix this? When I open the maps a get a black screen and it shuts down. Not happy

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: turkcell

Re: maps

Did you try battery pull? It helps in most cases.. Otherwise I would try a hard reset...
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

First try a battery pull. If this does not work you can try to re-install Blackberry Maps.  It is also possible to re-install the complete OS, but this is a bit of a time consuming job task.

If you do decide to re-install the OS, make sure you first do a backup of the phone.

For interest you can download Google Maps.  Go to maps.google.ca for Canada. For the US go to maps.google.com 

When in to the online map program, tap the three dot menu on the lower right ( ooo).  Tap on Add to Home Screen. 

Close the map software, and now click on the one on the home screen. Now log in to the map software.  You will need to make a Google account if you do not have one. Once logged in, you can have all the features for free. It works very well on the Z10. It can also work with the phone's GPS which makes it interseting. It will show your location, and allow you to find nearby services. What is interesting is it will show different layers such as traffic, and satellite view.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Plus GSM

I have exactly the same problem. I have tried a battery pull - nothing chaneged.

I re-installed Blackberry Maps - nothing changed.

I do not want to re-install the complete OS

Any ideas?