Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
craig67203
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

menu bar

I'm finding multiple apps that seem to have trouble with the dynamic menu bar. Either it's not there when you need it or it covers up things on the screen. Is anyone else encountering this problem?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: menu bar

just to be specific, what is the "dynamic menu bar"?
the one at the top when you swipe down?
the one on the left when you use the filter button (bottom left corner) ?
the one on the right when you use the Overflow button (bottom right corner)?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craig67203

it runs across the bottom of the screen and has typically... the back arrow, any other special app buttons or an additional menu items button.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craig67203

It is dynamic and can come and go as programmed

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craig67203

Also, it is translucent gray. On the home screen it has a phone on the left, magnifying glass in the middle and a camera on the right. Apparently this function is available for use by 3rd party applications.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

ok I see what you are talking about.

I have some comments :

1) the menu on the home screen, with the three buttons (phone / search / camera) is different. It is part of the Core OS and cannot be changed currently.

2) in all application screen, there is indeed the main menu, which is horizontal and at the bottom of the screen.

3) this menu is developed for each screen, usually it is available and works well for third party applications, but has proven to be inconsistent for some screens, especially the screens where you type stuff (for example the "compose email" screen or the "compose a tweet" screen" because the UI paradigm is different (cancel button & send button in the top blue row).

There is a third category, which is the third party applications, based on the Android runtime. For those apps, the menu is an Android menu and can be invoked by swiping from the top of the screen.

do you have specific examples where this menu hides app content?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
craig67203

Nothing specific I can remember. My biggest problem is that after purchasing and installing DataVault, it is not usable. I'm told by Ascendo support that they will be going to their own navigation buttons on the next release. That sounds like they were trying to leverage some API in the OS. My other problems with the with the bottom menu banner has been spotty and generally involves data entry as you point out.
Please use plain text.