Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
Accepted Solution

mms messages

I am unable to send or receive picture messages via text message. When I try to send one it gives me a red "x" and says "general problems" in red under it. When I try to recieve it gives me a message saying "I have a message ready to retrieve" and when I hit the "download" button, it doesnt do anything.

This started when I did the last system update and have since done the 10.2 update and this is still happening.

Anyone know a fix to this?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: mms messages

Have a same problem 2 month now ! Nobody in rogers can give me a solution! This a a BB problem ! And BB too they do not have solution! Is it the end of blackberry ?
Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247

[ Edited ]

Since you both are on Rogers (and a few others I've read) I wouldn't let them off the hook yet. In another post JSanders cured a similar issue by having the user do a "hard" reset (not a wipe). Hold both volume keys down until it reboots. You can also hold the power key down a moment and then hit the "restart" key on the power right.

New Contributor

is it a joke? I rebooted my phone a hundred times, I have re installed the program twice, I installed the latest version of the program, Rogers give me a new phone and i have a same problem. Is someone from BB can fix this problem?
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Fixed on Rogers. Go to hub, click text messages, click more, click settings, click text messages, click advanced, scroll down to MMSC settings, you need to add rogers settings if blank, MMSC URL: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com then in MMV Proxy type: 10.128.1.69:80 leave other settings untouched. Restart phone. Worked got me. Good luck all!
New Contributor

Sorry, MMC proxy, not MMV
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is the problem, when im scroll down, i do not have the MMSC setting in my Z10 phone. So impossible to add any setting :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10

I just did what Phoenixnelson suggested and it worked for me.
Thanks!!! :smileyhappy:
New Contributor

Did you click the advanced button at the bottom of the screen in the text message settings screen? If you have a Z10 it is there. Follow the instructions implicitly. Good luck!