Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
KayaVL
My Device: Blackberry Z10

more ringtones/sounds and vibrate issues... and email is slooooowwwwww

Over all I like the Z10and reading this forum has helped me a lot with learning and not feeling feeling lost or overwhelmed with it from upgrading from the Storm 9550.

This is another gripe about the ringtones/sounds and vibrate - on the Storm there was an option to let your ring/sounds and vibrate happen once, twice or three times. I love having the vibrate on 3 times bcuz when I had it on vibrate only I was less likely to miss a message - with only having it vibrate once, I'm missing messages until hours later sometimes. It was also great to customize favorite contacts with that twice or three times sound or vibrate.

Blackberry- PLEASE add these advanced options back in as well as having favorite contacts be able to sound even while the rest of the phone is in silent mode. I must have certain people be able to reach me even when my phone is silent, but I don't necessarily want other phone calls. The Storm had these custom settings.

If these advanced options are there, please -someone - let me know how to access the above, so I can use those settings.

Emails seem to taking a long time to receive and send. On the Storm it was almost instant. Why?

Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: more ringtones/sounds and vibrate issues... and email is slooooowwwwww

KayaVL wrote:

Emails seem to taking a long time to receive and send. On the Storm it was almost instant. Why?

Because the Z10 does not use BIS, which would "push" an email to your phone almost the instant it was received on the email server.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
bmanley
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

Gone is the quick emails and not sure they will ever come back. If you read BB has been looking at that problem for a couple of months now with no answers.
Also gone is the way ringtones work and I'm thinking until somebody writes an app we are doomed to miss calls and messages. BB left out allot of things that use to be standard on a BB and I just don't understand why. Maybe they are thinking people that use an iphone are happy with sub-par ringtones so everybody should be happy.
Contributor
KayaVL
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I think if a storm from 4 years ago had advanced ringtone/sounds/vibrate settings so can and should the z10.
Contributor
bmanley
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10

I can see how they can play off the lack of email working quick since it is with others like yahoo but ring tones and profiles should be native in the blackberry. I miss calls and messages because of the lack of more settings.