Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

movie download Q

Has anyone downloaded a movie to their z10 & it has worked?  Any tips on how to achieve this?

I rented one, paid, rec'd a purchase receipt. It began to download then halted & gave the error message "The license for MovieTitle has expired. You will need to purchase this content again".  So I try again & then it says "You have purchased this item already, and won't be charged to download it again". Then it starts to download. Then stops & says "The license for MovieTitle has expired. You will need to purchase this content again"................ & continues in this circle.

Second question, who would I contact to get my rental fee back? 

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Re: movie download Q

Well, it took me a while to realize that I think it is downloading but if that's the case, it is taking HOURS.  Can't leave wifi & take my phone with me, that's for sure. I probably wouldn't download another one unless I left it over night to download.  Hopefully it finishes before dawn :Balloon:

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You must have a very slow WiFi router. While the movies are typically around 1GB in size, that could take 20-60 minutes according to your wifi speed.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blossom712
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: orangenx8

Hi,  Ihave downlaoded a few films on my z10 and they work, but i bought a couple movies in the sale and they wont download either. I get the same message certificate expired etc etc please can anyone help

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Thanks all.

I think it may not have been my wifi connection.  I had a look at where it was downloading to & it is set to go to media card. I'm sure that is the worst choice. So, I changed that & tried to get it again but continue to go through the loop of... pay,.... no you have already paid,.... sorry, license is expired lol.  The movie.. or at least part.. seems to be there but I don't know for sure.

Watching Sat. night didn't happen as it wouldn't download, so on the weekend I will attempt to watch & see if it even downloaded & works at all.  Can't test that until ready to watch because a rental is only good for (24? hrs) after you begin viewing it.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blossom712

I have the films on memory card. Tried swapping to device for these. As you say. Same thing gets to about 2.4mb then stops really is annoying. Some movies give up to 48 hrs to watch
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Actually, downloading to your media card is the best option. A gigabyte movie takes up 1/16th of your total space in the device memory. And probably more like 1/5th of your available space.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
blossom712

My movies finally downloaded last night. Yay!!! Hope you had success as well towngirl_04
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

I don't think I did.  & I was surprised this morning, to see in BB World, that it's downloading x2 copies.   ? strange.   Seems to have started up again & I sure hope it wasn't doing that when I was not on wifi since I don't know when it started back up & how long it's been downloading.  However, it appears to be downloading, I don't think it really is actually coming in. Who knows.  Really thought it would have been easier to rent. Probably won't do that again.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04

Would it not make for a slower download?

Please use plain text.