Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
joyskitchen
My Device: z10

my VM-605 speakerphone (car) will not appear when pairing with my Z10

I am trying to pair my Z10 and my Vm-605 speakerphone - I have my Z10 Blue tooth set to discoverable but my vm605 doesn"t appear - help!

Forums Advisor I
Arsen
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb

Re: my VM-605 speakerphone (car) will not appear when pairing with my Z10

You have to turn on pairing mode on your VM-605 for the z10 to find it.

1. Press and hold the front panel until the connection status LED flashes and you hear the message "pairing mode".

2. On your BlackBerry device, from the Home screen, click

Manage Connections.

3. Click

Set Up Bluetooth.

4. Click

Search.

5. Click

BlackBerry VM 605.

6. In the Password field, type

7. Click

Yes to connect to the BlackBerry Visor Mount Speakerphone VM-605.

Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: my VM-605 speakerphone (car) will not appear when pairing with my Z10 | and Bluetooth Range

[ Edited ]

I am assuming here, you tried the proper process to pair the device to the phone.

The Z10 uses the new Bluetooth specifications standard. Not all devices going back more than a few years will be compliant. I ran in to some issues with some older type earphones when trying them with the Z10.  My new devices such as my HS-700, and other new generation Bluetooth devices all work okay.

The Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (LE) standard is used in the Z10.

This Bluetooth spec can operate with a range up to 30M or about 100 ft in its high speed bandwidth mode providing the compatible device can comply.  In its low speed bandwidth mode it can work up to about 50M or about 170 ft providing the device can comply.

I found with the Playbook I have been able to make it work up to about 50 feet maximum without any dropout fault. I found with the earphone it was able to work up to about 40 feet maximum. This is without any walls or obstructions along the signal path.

You can have the Blackberry Z10 published specs at:

http://ca.blackberry.com/smartphones/blackberry-z10/specifications.html

Below is the complete list of details for the 4.0 Low Energy Standard.

Bluetooth V2.1 Bluetooth low energy NFCRFIDmodeStandardization bodyNetwork StandardNetwork TypeCryptographyRangeFrequencyBit rateSet-up time

activeactiveISO 18000-3
Bluetooth SIGBluetooth SIGISO/IEC
No IEEE StandardNo IEEE StandardISO 13157, etc.
WPANWPANPoint-to-point
availableavailablenot with RFID
~30 m (class 2)~50 m< 0.2 m
2.4-2.5 GHz2.4-2.5 GHz13.56 Much
1-3 Mbit/s~200 kbit/s424 kbit/s
< 6 s< 0.003 s< 0.1 s

For the Bluetooth compliance details with your auto's Bluetooth system you would need to get the equivalent spec sheet and see how they match up.

To know if your Z10 phone is not defective or not, see if you can find a working Bluetooth earphone to pair and try on it.

--

This reminds me about my garage door opener transmitter in the mirror of my car. The receivers I have for the garage are about fifteen years old. They will not work with the newer car's garage opener option. I found out from the manufacture of the garage door control system, the system in the car is very new and is on a newer set of frequencies.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

I can confirm that the vm-605 should be working... mine works fantastically with my z10

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
New Contributor
joyskitchen
My Device: z10

I don't have a search that comes up when I go to manage bluetooth - just make discoverable
Forums Advisor III
drewread
My Device: Z10

It searches all the time on its own. :smileywink:
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy: