Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
Toyangel
My Device: z10

my Z10 woes

[ Edited ]

Hi. 

I honestly don't know where to begin my Z10 woes from.

Got mine in April 2013, barely 3weeks after, it began overheating. As it was a first,

I observed it for days most times with the phone switched off. I took calls only with my earphones.

It resolved itself 4days later and I was relieved.

A couple of days later, BBM shut me out for no reason. I could only view my messages via

The HUB but couldn't reply via BBM. It kept giving me the "Temporary server error" message for days. 

I decided to do a factory wipe and restored using my BlackBerry ID. Everything worked and I was glad.

A while later, My BBM contacts began to complain that my BBM display picture hadn't changed for about 3weeks!

I called my network provider, they said it was a "blackberry z10" issue. A couple of the previous issues later

( including battery issues as I had to get an extra battery) I contemplated another Factory Wipe as I needed 

A resolution desperately. But first, I backed up my device info on Link ( I also updated Link before backing up) this was July 19 a couple of days ago.

After the Wipe, the phone would get stuck on "Updating Software" it did this for DAYS. I never got past that blue 

Screen with the moving circle. At this point, I was totally frustrated with the phone. My business was suffering as I was not easily accessible anymore. I called the phone store and as usual they made excuses etc. It's supposed to be 

under warranty! On the 25th of July I decided to put it on again and whala! It loaded as if it had never gotten stuck. Whew!!!!!!!!!!!! I did the dance.

I set out to restore my information from the back up I had done on blackberry Link desktop and for no good reason 

Link gives me an Error message about the BlackBerry ID not matching that of the device!!!! HOW? I have never 

used and do not own any other blackberry ID and I can assure you that the same way I remembered my credit card 

details when purchasing the phone is the same way I am sure I'm inputting the right ID info.

BlackBerry App World acknowledges and accepts the ID on the phone, Link on my computer(which I used to move my contacts fro my Bold2) doesn't recognise it even though it was the exact same one that I used to create the backup file I'm trying to restore from on the same link. 

I was at the support centre today and the issue of a replacement even if it's to a lesser model so I don't lose in everything (i don't care right now as I cannot believe I'm stuck with a phone that is empty, no BBM, no BlackBerry ID, no resolution, no replacement, nothing!) I just need a phone that is stable and WORKS. They kept insisting I must have had blackberry ID amnesia and forgot my password or something.

I am TIRED,and I am begging if you have a resolution or know a resolution that will make me stop feeling like I just threw $630 away, please do let me know ASAP.

*please note that my handling of the said phone has been very good. Screen guard, full pouch, and it's never fallen etc.

Many thanks and waiting...

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

New Contributor
Toyangel
My Device: z10

Re: my Z10 woes

[ Edited ]

No reply??? 

Can nothing be done to reconcile this?

Blackberry App world on my phone and online accepts my blackberry ID but BBM wont restore my contacts, nor will Blackberry Link recognise my ID to restore my backup which was created with the very same ID.

I really dont want to lose my contacts but what is the guarantee that if i delete my present ID and create a new one, begin gathering my contact back again that this same issue will not come up again???:smileysad:

Help!!!