Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
sezox
My Device: z10
My Carrier: zain
Accepted Solution

my device keep heating

hello, i have this problem with my device it has started since i upgraded my software to 10.1.0.4181 , the problem is it keeps heating up without me even using it the temperature is between 30- 50 the max, the battery is barely new i got it for 3 months, is it because of the software or what?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: my device keep heating

[ Edited ]

Normally, your phone will heat up when the processor is very active (i.e. many apps running at once).  Sometimes just playing videos will cause it to rise in temperature.

Is it because of the software?  Yes, partly, but this is normal and you shouldn't be concerned about it.  Since you've just loaded a new OS, give it a couple of days and it should level off a bit and not heat up quite as much.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes
My Device: Z10

Purchased my Z10 March 22nd from AT&T, and to this date; I still have the overheating issue.
It really doesn't matter how many apps I run (even if only one), it will heat up for no apparent reason. I've also discovered that it will heat up in sleep mode (inside my holster)! Now that's crazy.
Running 10.1.0.2019 / STL 100-3

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If that's the case, I would recommend reloading the OS using BlackBerry Link.

Cheers. :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
vfk
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

What happens if you put the phone in airplane mode overnight?

I notice scanning for wifi or areas of weak coverage will heat my phone.

Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

What you can do is open the back of the phone and give it a nice clean dust might be the problem here!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes

No thank you. Way too much trouble. Did that last week because of a bad BB Link download/install (v1.2). But thank you for the tip.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes

Will let you know when I'm on an airplane :-)
Seriously, not something I would want to do every night.
But thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes

Began having this issue after a few days of purchase. Am certain it was clean then. But thank you kindly for the tip.
(I was told back then to wait for OS 10.1 (now I'm waiting on OS 10.2 to see if that helps or not.).
Please use plain text.
Developer
vmisirlis
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: Cosmote

Yes you do that it might be software problem... if you like my posts please consider to like them thank you!
Please use plain text.