Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
brass666
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

new update not working

i recently updated my z10 to the new OS operating update and have had nothing but ISSUES since, now the main issue is ive LOST ALL my contacts, when i put it on the contacts its just a white screen with a green circle  thing going around in the middle, for 3 hours straight now ...  this is not what i paid 700 bucks for i shoulda stuck with my torch at least it kept contacts

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)

Re: new update not working

Hey Brass666

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com

It is recommended that you make a backup with the BlackBerry website constantly.

If you previously did a backup with your z10 BBLINK you can restore your information to z10.

And restore your contacts and other information.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

New Contributor
brass666

though I do appreciate your response, no I didnt update my phone, didnt realize I needed todo that as I never had to with ANY phone ive ever owned before, but if this is what I can expect, I guess that is a good idea.  Ive only had this phone for a month or so now but im truly regretting buying it, and after buying a torch and a playbook ive been a happy customer for about 4 years, but in the last month i understand why i hear BB is in trouble, and i dont think ill ever buy another product from them.

New Contributor
brass666

and i should update why im so upset, the contacts list still is a white screen with a green thing doing circles on it, and i cant add contacts, or delete any , or do anything with it at all. so now i have a phone with no contacts whatsoever.

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

I recommend you make a reload of the BlackBerry OS Link

Connect your z10 and run BBLink
Then go to preference and press the reload option software

Let the process do all your work, and then you start setting your BB
And load your backup.

And let us know if your problem evidences the persistence.

Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

New Contributor
brass666

i did what you said and rebooted the z10 and it seems to be working, thanx for your help i truly appreciate it, i was totally frustrated last night, but its a new day now.  have a great long weekend.  Thanx to all our veterans everywhere.

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

Hi Brass666

Excellent that your BlackBerry this running smoothly again.

Thank you for your participation and for giving as solved your problem... :smileywink:

Contributor
fayw

Mine is not working properly either. Now afraid to do anything in case it all freezes and doesn't work again. What a mess.

Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

Hi Fayw

You can apply the above mentioned by me.
Note that a Brass666
It worked and works his blackberry as normal.

Contributor
fayw

just trying it, been reloading an hour or two. i am hoping to be able to reload my data from the backup. if it doesn't work I will have to take it to the vodafone shop tomorrow. I still can't believe they did this!